No announcement yet.

Benard Hopkins' Diet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benard Hopkins' Diet

He cooks for himself, with mostly organic ingredients, nothing fried, nothing processed. Staples include egg whites, fish and vegetables. He eats red meat only when in training, and then only buffalo or venison. In fact, at his first meeting with Richard Schaefer, who promotes Hopkins as the chief executive of Golden Boy Promotions, Hopkins ordered shrimp scampi but insisted the chef forgo wine in preparation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/03/sp....html?src=recg

Just out of interest why would he choose red meat over white during training?

Comment

Originally posted by teedogg View Post
      Just out of interest why would he choose red meat over white during training?
      I think he meant the only time he eats red meat is during training and that he doesnt eat them outside of training camp

Comment

AAAAHH... got ya!

Comment

I saw Hopkins frying what appeared to be onions and other vegetables on an advert for this documentary called "discipline".

Comment

Ali at

Muhammad Ali said his prefight dinner was always the same: prime rib, steamed veggies, and a salad.

Comment

Originally posted by barfly12 View Post
              Muhammad Ali said his prefight dinner was always the same: prime rib, steamed veggies, and a salad.
              i thought both these guys were meant to be muslims lol.... were they halal.... im probably thinking not

Comment

Ali also at bacon

so obviously as a moslem he was not overly concerned about his pork consumption.

Comment

wonder how buffalo taste. i know deer is very rich and good tho.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
                    wonder how buffalo taste. i know deer is very rich and good tho.
                    Buffalo is actually very similar to beef, it's just much leaner (less fatty) and thus lower in calories.

Comment

Working...
                    X