Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather swindled of a huge chunk of cash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't necessarily believe he was scammed out of alot of money....but..

I do believe that he has been burning through money. He talked about once selling off alots of cars, jewelry and laying off his huge entourage but doesnt seem to be the case.

He still has alot of w-h-o-r-e-s, tons of security, tons of fellas hanging around and still spending like a Active fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      Floyd has Haymon, his lawyer, and his accountant, with Ellerbe/McNair/Blake rounding out the day-to-day parts of his operation.

Beyond that, at this point in his life, I'm fairly certain that his camp has everything run through LLCs (costs of "being Floyd Mayweather" are deducted as expenses against any money that comes to Floyd Mayweather, etc). Floyd already cashed out for the "Big Boy Mansion", his LA home (for three of his children), his Miami home, and his New York spot before even having the De La Hoya fight, so there goes that story.

You've tried to paint a picture that simply isn't true, lol. Over Floyd's final 6 years in the sport (From the Marquez return through the Berto farewell), Floyd earned ~$600m off of PPV alone; and that's before counting his money off of the event in Las Vegas (tickets/closed circuit) or any of the other side revenues. 6 years! Pass all of that money through the LLCs/other types of offsets, and Floyd made out like a bandit.

And that's assuming that none of the assets bought with the money earned before his return didn't carry through (by the time of his first retirement, Floyd Mayweather likely had already earned $100m as a prizefighter over those 10 years, with his Las Vegas home and the home for his children, among other assets, already paid for).

Ok, so you bet on the guy that can't read and huge gambler hanging on to his fortune..

I will bet on the guy that can't read and huge gambler to squander his fortune..

Only time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Ok, so you bet on the guy that can't read and huge gambler hanging on to his fortune..

I will bet on the guy that can't read and huge gambler to squander his fortune..

Only time will tell
        Whether Floyd can read or not (stupid of you to try and drag up that bull**** again), Floyd has Haymon, the same long-time lawyer, his accountant, Leonard Ellerbe, and his best friend James "P.Reala" McNair as the only people in his inner inner circle.

With his money locked away in income-generating hard assets, his tax structures organized by a longterm accountant he trusts, any legal issues handled by his capable longterm attorney, and the only other folks really involved being people who've had his back before he had any money (and aren't asking him for anything), Floyd is going to be okay.

Floyd's not gambling with his Pacquiao money; Floyd is making 30k-100k bets, largely on favored teams, all largely through the same sports book, lol. No idea if it's still true, but before even the Alvarez fight, Floyd had money locked up in an investment vehicle that was paying him a $12m per year residual, NEVER TOUCHING THE PRINCIPAL, apparently.

Floyd's homes have been paid for, with money that was in his possession before even the Oscar fight; on top of his Las Vegas home, he's got homes in NY, Miami, and LA, with rental properties that he owns all across the country. And that's before you even get into the office spaces that he's got a piece in owning.

Floyd's not Pacquiao.

Comment

If this is true, then it wouldn't surprise me in the least bit. You take a kid from the ghetto, who grew up poor, from a broken home, with very little to no education, hardly literate and let them earn a lot of fast money very quickly and they can easily become a statistic and fall victim into the trappings of their own success.

This has happened many times in the past to athletes who have come before him. They say on average, your typical athlete will end up broke within five years of retirement.

Comment

Working...
          X