Is this a good training schedule?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good training schedule?

Here's my weekly training regime...

Day 1 - 3 or 4 mile jog after school, then sparring, bag work, skipping rope, speed ball etc in gym
    Day 2 - Same as day 1, with weights after the gym and groundwork in the gym
    Day 3 - Same as day 1
    Day 4 - Same as day 1 with exercises in gym
    Day 5 - 3 or 4 mile jog, some light bag work and skipping at home, and weights and punching weights
    Day 6 - 5 mile run, with bag work at home, skipping at home and punching with weights
    Day 7 - 4 mile run.

What do you guys think, if I want to be a pro/champion when I'm older should I train harder or am I training hard enough??

Originally posted by supaduck
    Here's my weekly training regime...

Day 1 - 3 or 4 mile jog after school, then sparring, bag work, skipping rope, speed ball etc in gym
    Day 2 - Same as day 1, with weights after the gym and groundwork in the gym
    Day 3 - Same as day 1
    Day 4 - Same as day 1 with exercises in gym
    Day 5 - 3 or 4 mile jog, some light bag work and skipping at home, and weights and punching weights
    Day 6 - 5 mile run, with bag work at home, skipping at home and punching with weights
    Day 7 - 4 mile run.

What do you guys think, if I want to be a pro/champion when I'm older should I train harder or am I training hard enough??
    you should rest all day 7

Comment

Hm, good idea. But is the rest of the schedule ok?

Comment

yeah one day off a week will be fine , how many amature fights have you had?

Comment

It seems fine, man! Good for ya. But I would take Naz' advice and put in a days rest from time to time.

Comment

Looks like you're training to be a runner... Roadwork is okay, but you're overdoing it, with 6-7 days of running a week. Also, just running (or "jogging" as you call it) is not specific for boxing. You should be doing sprints and stuff instead.

Comment

I only do roadwork 3 times a week and it works for me. You should focus more on conditioning and technique. Try to get as much sparring as possible and make sure you have a decent diet. No use excercising hard if you just eat ****!

Comment

1 full rest day like naz said, and like 4-5 days running on nonconsecutive days and like 3-4 to lift the same way.

Comment

if thats you in your avatar, I can see your panties

Comment

if thats you in your avatar, I can see your panties
                    i'm sorry im not interested in ****, but keep looking

Comment

Working...
                    X