NY Giants bench Eli in favor of Geno Smith

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Giants bench Eli in favor of Geno Smith

Has it really come to this?

Some of his former teammates are incensed.

"Eli deserves much better than that," Osi Umenyiora added of the two-time Super Bowl MVP. "Much better. Class person, class player. That’s absurd."

Plaxico Burress, who caught the winning touchdown pass from Manning in Super Bowl XLII, also took to Twitter after the news broke.
    "Damn! Bench Eli? Man showed up every week for 14 years."

Big Blue legend Carl Banks was emotional about the news.
    "I am very emotional about this Eli S--T," Banks wrote. "The guy who gave you EVERYTHING for better or worse NEVER missing a game and THIS how it ends?? Not #10! He deserves better, He gave is all when BETTER wasn't there for him.. and this is how it ends?? I hurt for him ...
    "I will say it again... He deserves better, and yet he gave his all when Better wasn't available..REMEMBER THIS.. He Didn't QUIT on his TEAM a single damn Play!! let that sink in.. HE NEVER QUIT A SINGLE PLAY!!!"

Phil Simms, who led the Giants to their first Super Bowl win following the 1986 season, made it sound like he thought Manning's career in New York might be over.
    "Eli Manning can stand tall and proud and will for the rest of his life for all he has been to Giants," Simms wrote. "Fans will never forget him #GiantsPride."

David Carr, who spent two seasons as Manning's backup in 2008 and 2009, was not kind to the Giants brass in his tweet.
    "They've lost their collective minds," David Carr wrote

Proof again that Macadon't needs to go. Awful coaching when you have only two wins and all that talent. Geno Smith is not the answer. He sucks.

Comment

Eli deserves much better than this. Eli has earned the right to go out on is own terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Eli deserves much better than this. Eli has earned the right to go out on is own terms.
        Seriously. If he wanted to commit ritual suicide, like a samurai, they should let him. I could MAYBE see if they had a No 1 recent QB pick that would be the future, but Geno Smith is awful.

Eli is a team player; I'm not. I'd be on the sidelines laughing when Smith gets sacked or throws an interception.

Comment

hell yea

INT #2 coming this Sunday

Comment

It’s obviously tanking time to draft a top pick.
            Eli wants to win meaningless games and go 6 and 10 or 7 and 9.
            The Giants want to think rebuild and that probably doesn’t involve a QB out of his prime.
            Even Peyton got traded, Eli probably will get traded or cut too.

Comment

What’s crazy is why geno smith is starting..

It’s been obvious for years that geno can’t play at this level... like somehow the dude is gonna be able to read defenses and be smart.. he got thru high school and college due to athletic ability not smarts..

If you gonna bench Eli, just roll with Davis Webb

I can tell you right now that geno smith is a waste of time, too stupid to be an nfl qb... this was proven about 2-3 years ago with the jets..

Comment

What a **** show, BERNIE'S CORNER.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  I totally agree with you but I did hear that they gave the option to Eli to start to keep streak going, but then sit after a few series.. Eli told them no problem, I will just be benched, i understand the rebuild is underway.

The thing I don’t get is why you have geno smith starting? That dude is a proven bag of goods, it’s like starting ej manual or Christian ponder or Brandon weeded.. you know what you have, they aren’t getting better..

Just start Davis Webb and see what he has.. regardless, you are probably picking top 3 and got a shot at either darnold or Rosen.. both are legit franchise QBs

Comment

Playing a ****ty player to intentionally lose so you can set the team up for next year?

Sounds familiar.....

Comment

Working...
                    X