How do boxers do it???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do boxers do it???

Hey guys, I need some help.

My height is 5"5 and my weight is 120 pounds. I know how to gain weight because I started at 90 pounds. In 2 1/2 years I gained close to 30 pounds but I want ten more and I have been stuck on 120 for almost a year.

What I want to know is how boxers put on weight fast and keep it lean muscle mass. Is there a secret? I know cotto weighed in at 140 and I believe the night of the fight he was close to 155. 15 pounds in a matter of days!!! What's the deal. Can anyone who has experienced boxing and moving up and down in weight classes help me out with what they did?? Thanks!!

Originally posted by Showstoppa

My height is 5"5 and my weight is 120 pounds. I know how to gain weight because I started at 90 pounds. In 2 1/2 years I gained close to 30 pounds but I want ten more and I have been stuck on 120 for almost a year.

What I want to know is how boxers put on weight fast and keep it lean muscle mass. Is there a secret? I know cotto weighed in at 140 and I believe the night of the fight he was close to 155. 15 pounds in a matter of days!!! What's the deal. Can anyone who has experienced boxing and moving up and down in weight classes help me out with what they did?? Thanks!!
    actually its 15 lbs in one nite
    but u seem to misunderstand the concept of goin up
    its not like cotto is gainin that weight on purpose or with some goal
    its mor elike he starves and dehydrates himself for the fight to make 140
    then once hes all wieghed in
    he can recouperate to his normal 150 somehtin
    itd b like if u starved and dehydrated urself to make 105
    sure u could do it
    but right after the weigh in
    ud go back to ur normal 120

Comment

Cotto likely used Creatine(something I've only used once and hated it) to achieve that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Slipx
        Cotto likely used Creatine(something I've only used once and hated it) to achieve that weight.
        That Creatine stuff is crazy. I have never taken it, but I know some people that have and the results varied. I would be use to gain weight, because muscle weighs more than fat, and creatine adds water to your muscles and extracts it from your body. It will also make you want to drink more fluids, which will help you gain weight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Atwa_66
          That Creatine stuff is crazy. I have never taken it, but I know some people that have and the results varied. I would be use to gain weight, because muscle weighs more than fat, and creatine adds water to your muscles and extracts it from your body. It will also make you want to drink more fluids, which will help you gain weight as well.
          exactly, the easiest way to explain creatine is calling it 'muscle salt' it makes your muscles get huge because you end up being thirsty all the time, chugging liquids 24/7.

undoubtedly i think this is how cotto made that weight, and had that strength. if you have ever tried creative you'll notice it makes you much stronger, however ive never used it for punching, i used it for lifting and it really did help, but still i hated using it

I asked my doctor about creatine and he told me it's bad for your bones, I asked him why and this is what he said

'if you are trying to get heavier you need to increase your size naturally, otherwise if you bulk up like that your bones don't have time to measure up and get strong enough to support the added weight, making your bones weaker in the end'

when i heard this, bull**** or not, i heeded it and stopped taking it. still have a full can of the stuff.

I remember in high school this short skinny kid named Cameron Geauxtreaux started taking creatine but he didn't work out with it...

his face puffed up like stay puft marshmallow man and everyone laughed at him( i didnt,ive never been that kinda guy), it was really bad..he looked like a little chipmunk for real
          Last edited by Slipx; 03-02-2005, 11:39 AM.

Comment

It's just mainly water weight and starvation. like cotto may not have eating for about a day or two which cuts the weight bigtime. i lose 3 pounds over night, so that's 6 pounds already plus water weight, and then excess pounds lost from not eating and you have 17 pounds easy.

Comment

Eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Thats how I became fat as a little kid.

Comment

This helps me put on some weight pretty swiftly. For a week straight do 6 sets of squats every other night. First set light to warm up, then pack the weight on that bar. Do as many reps as you can, till your legs can't move. Eat alot of protein after, i can add 10 pounds in a week doing this. Those leg muscles are the biggest in the body and really swell up. Plus that will make the rest of your body grow, gets your metabolic rate up.

Comment

hey, i might buy creating but will i just gain bull**** weight or will the weigth be added in strength or just waste weight. and is there any good names, i wud liek to buy

Comment

dont your muscles get used up when you starve yourself? ill never starve myself

Comment

Working...
                    X