No announcement yet.

suggestions for building stamina in amateur fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suggestions for building stamina in amateur fights

i was wondering if theres anything that i can add on to my training regime that would help me build better stamina.i know in the amatuers its only 3 rds and it seems to me its all about punches,punches,and more punches(no boxing just sluggin which i hate) i run only 1 mile now every other day because i have difficulties gaining weight im stuck at the 112 division and i do that at a fast pace,also i do drills on the bag of consistent punches 3 2minute rounds,then i do the usual jump roping,mits,and sparring but sparring i really dont get much out of it cus i have to go easy with everyone because there not at my level skill/experience wise so i stand around work on defense and counter punching and the mits i do with my trainer are at a good pace but i think we should step it up. i feel im doing enough if not more then enough for stamina but maybe theres other **** i can do so ill take any suggestions..thanx

You've got to work a lot harder, regardless of what anybody else does, your weight, or anything else....

Comment

our coach puts us through speed drills...1'2's and shoes shines...all for points...we jsut try and throw as fast as we could wile staying composed and keeping everything straight and perfect

Comment

Originally posted by marciano92352
        i was wondering if theres anything that i can add on to my training regime that would help me build better stamina.i know in the amatuers its only 3 rds and it seems to me its all about punches,punches,and more punches(no boxing just sluggin which i hate) i run only 1 mile now every other day because i have difficulties gaining weight im stuck at the 112 division and i do that at a fast pace,also i do drills on the bag of consistent punches 3 2minute rounds,then i do the usual jump roping,mits,and sparring but sparring i really dont get much out of it cus i have to go easy with everyone because there not at my level skill/experience wise so i stand around work on defense and counter punching and the mits i do with my trainer are at a good pace but i think we should step it up. i feel im doing enough if not more then enough for stamina but maybe theres other **** i can do so ill take any suggestions..thanx
        You have to run every day atleast 2 miles first of all none of this half ass every other day **** for 1 mile your wasting you time if thats all you do. Next work the heavy bag for 6 rounds a day ending the last 30 seconds of each round with non stop punching (remember judges forget the rest of the round if you work your ass off the last 30 seconds of each round) Next do lots of sit ups atleast 250 a day, a good strong stomach is key to having good stamina I dont care what anyone says. Jump rope for 10 to 15 minutes a day not only improves your flexability it improves stamina as well. Go swimming do laps in a pool and work all the muscles you never work, then after you do laps do like 1 hr a week in shoulder deep water and just throw punches it improves speed as well as stamina because of the resistance.

Comment

finally i have met someone in my weight devision , im about 112lbs giv or take a little, im 16 and 5ft8 wht age and height r u ?

Comment

Treadmill Run
            Begin with a one-minute jog at zero incline. Then do the following sprints, slashing the speed between sprints for 30-40 seconds to catch your breath.
            12.8 kmph at 5% incline Two 30-second sprints
            13.6 kmph at 7.5% Two 30-second sprints
            14.4 kmph at 10% Two 30-second sprints
            15.2 kmph at 11.5% Two 20-second sprints
            16 kmph at 13% Two 20-second sprints
            16.8 kmph at 15% Two 15-second sprints

This is the most effective stamina builder in amatuer boxing!

Comment

Working...
            X