Clear All

• MMA Conditioning Article!

Just posted a new conditioning article, please have a look:

http://www.veloforce.net/MMA_conditioning_II.html

ttt!!!

Comment

That is a great article Mark. Thanks.

Comment

My pleasure, thanks for checking it out. I'll let you know of any other updates.

Comment

excellent article mate.

Comment

Mark, your article on anti-oxidents officially scared the living **** out of me. I have never known anything about my vitamin and mineral intake, should I check out a few books, especially the one mentioned in the article? I was one of the people that figured a well balanced diet was enough until I read that...

Do you personally recommend any supplements? Right now I exercise 5-7 days a week, on average an 1 hour a day but this will be stepped up big time in the summer when I start Muay Thai, and have access to a really good gym. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Comment

Luke,

I'd also recommend reading, Sports Nutrition Guide, Minerals & Vitamins for Athletes, by Dr. Michael Colgan. It has a guide for determining your daily needs based on a number of criteria.

As for specific recommendations, I use (and distribute) USANA, the highest rated supplement in the Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements, by Lyle MacWilliam. I also use Source Naturals (the second highest rated supplement) to fill in some of the blanks.

If you'd like more information on obtaining products you can e-mail me at mark_ginther@veloforce.net

Comment

USANA products are very high grade.

If they distributed a high grade protein supplement, I'd become an USANA rep just for the discount.

- J.

Comment

That's a well researched and easy to read article Mark. Keep them coming.

-J.

Comment

Working...
                  X