Weights vs push ups

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weights vs push ups

So i was thinking if their were two men
    the first one being only around 160 pounds and 5 foot 9 tall and he does 5 sets of 50 push ups and sit ups and a 3 mile run and he spends 8 rounds on the double end bag 7 days a week

the second man is 6 foot 4 and 260 pounds and he can bench press 600 pound ten reps and he plays college football and he is a linebacker

now both of them are around the same age the amatuer boxer is 18 and the college linebacker is 22

so who would win in a fight between these two the amatuer or linebacker
    i want to know because lately alot of people keep telling no matter how many push ups i do even if its 200 push ups in a row i wont have a stronger punch if i cant lift more than them

Well it's not because of the pushups, it's because he's 6'4" and weighs 100 more lbs. Even if he didn't work out at all he'd probably have a harder punch.

Comment

Technique is paramount, its not uncommon for a smaller yet skilled fighter to kayo a bigger powerlifter. Muscles dont magicaly turn one into a fighter. That said, if the bigger guy has any idea on how to punch, he'll hit way harder. Simple physics.

When both guys technique and skill is comparable, then obviously the guy who has the size and strength will have the advantage

Comment

That's a lot if weight to make up to be honest. For instance with me, i would like to think I can beat most football players up because I'm trained. But at some point it honestly makes a difference since you cant hurt the guy, even without gloves. Football players for all the **** people talk tend to have some of the higher pain tolerences than some random meat head.. If he tackles guy hes dead

Comment

Originally posted by dman4093 View Post
          the first one being only around 160 pounds and 5 foot 9 tall and he does 5 sets of 50 push ups and sit ups and a 3 mile run and he spends 8 rounds on the double end bag 7 days a week

the second man is 6 foot 4 and 260 pounds and he can bench press 600 pound ten reps and he plays college football and he is a linebacker

now both of them are around the same age the amatuer boxer is 18 and the college linebacker is 22

i want to know because lately alot of people keep telling no matter how many push ups i do even if its 200 push ups in a row i wont have a stronger punch if i cant lift more than them
          For some reason when I read this the only thing I can think of is . . . "This guy should take a day to let himself recover"

Comment

If a guy is overly muscled he will tend to gas out quickly. Also his movement in general won't be as smooth.

But they do have weight divisions for a reason. If two fighters have the same skills then the bigger one will usually have the advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by dman4093 View Post

I'm sorry to say this because I'm a great supporter of those who really keep themselves in good shape. But believe me.........it would be one hell of a fluke for a 160 pound guy to win a streetfight with a much larger guy; especially a guy four years older with a degree of athletic competence.

The 22 year old 260 pound guy would have to be really uncoordinated to have a less powerful punch than 99% of all the 160 pound guys on the planet......and the smaller guy would have to be on completely different level of contact sport competence to even consider picking a fight with the much bigger guy and hope to win.

Comment

Even a good boxer can get beaten in streetfight with a way bigger guy who can fight a bit, but trust me, boxing is a really, really good base for handling yourself in a streetfight, never underestimate the boxer.

As for who hits harder, well being 260 lbs the footballer would have more raw power but the question is would he have the ability to use it?

Comment

seriously?
                  the heavyweight would barely feel the smaller guy's punches, especially if they had gloves on.
                  the taller, heavier stronger guy is still a fit athlete in his prime, he'd destroy the boxer.

Comment

though the boxer spends 10 rounds a day on the double end bag so he has the rythem to dodge his opponents punches and he has the accuracy to punch the linebacker in his throat remember its a street fight not a mma match and hit in the throat with a solid jab anyone no matter how strong they are is going down

Comment

Working...
                    X