Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you think Julian Jackson hasn't made the IBHOF yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you think Julian Jackson hasn't made the IBHOF yet?

Great or near great fighter, fun to watch, has many memorable moments against high quality opposition, 3 time world champion, but not in the IBHOF. Why?

I ask because we seem to be adding the top 3 fighters from the most eligible year every year now. And the bottom of that top 3 is never above Jackson...

If he were to make it would be based on how exciting he was and he just lacks that one legendary fight that every still talks about. So I think its fair that he never gets in

Comment

i love the hawk as much as the next guy but i'd never vote him into the hall of fame

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        If he were to make it would be based on how exciting he was and he just lacks that one legendary fight that every still talks about. So I think its fair that he never gets in
        He knocked a prime Terry Norris out in 2 rounds. Norris is often considered the greatest Junior Middleweight of all time. He also knocked out the excellent Herol Graham, and other good fighters such as In Chul Baek, Buster Drayton, Dennis Milton, Thomas Tate, and Agostino Cardamone. 3 time world champ with all that to his name and he's not HOF worthy? You just saw Kostya Tszyu get in first ballot, how is what he did any more impressive than this?

Comment

Originally posted by Obama View Post
          He knocked a prime Terry Norris out in 2 rounds. Norris is often considered the greatest Junior Middleweight of all time. He also knocked out the excellent Herol Graham, and other good fighters such as In Chul Baek, Buster Drayton, Dennis Milton, Thomas Tate, and Agostino Cardamone. 3 time world champ with all that to his name and he's not HOF worthy? You just saw Kostya Tszyu get in first ballot, how is what he did any more impressive than this?
          His resume isn't quite up to snuff so to get in he needs a few legendary wars to put him over the top and he simply doesn't have them.

As for Kostya he probable doesn't deserve to be in either
          Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 10-07-2011, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Exciting fighter, but he dosen't deserve the spot.

Unfortunately there are plenty of fighters in there that he deserves the spot more than (Rocky Balboa??), but that's just how boxing works. That is to say, outside of the ring, it dosen't.

Comment

This is a tough crowd.

How about Eddie Booker, Esteban De Jesús, Georgie Abrams, José Luis Ramírez?

At least acknowledge we continually to this day induct fighters in beneath the names I'm mentioning.

Comment

IMO he deserves a spot.
                Two weight world champion with some decent wins over the likes of bomber Graham, In Chun Beak, Norris. Brutally destroyed a lot of fighters that was said to the next big thing & they was never the same again.

He's possibly the hardest hitting middleweight of all time.

Achieved more than a fair few that have made it there. They have put Sly Stallone & Micky Rourke there so why not?

Comment

He's got some great wins. Terry Norris is a great win for anybody and knocking him out brutally with one punch in two rounds....it doesn't get much more signature than that. Heorl Graham will always be his sig win and a career defining moment in my, and most peoples, eyes. Well behind, getting beaten up, about to have the fight stopped and out of nowhere he wins it with arguably the single greatest KO punch ever.

I think he's on the lower tier of guys that could get in. I wouldn't say he should, without a doubt get in, because he wasn't that good and the HOF is for the very, very best.

The difference between Tszyu's career and Jackson's is that Tszyu dominated what was generally considered the best division in the sport, was it's first Undisputed champ in over 40 years, was one of only two true undisputed, lineal champions in all of boxing and was a top P4P fighter for a decade that completely ruled his class. I for one consider Tszyu to be one of the definite HOFers but of the lower tier, if that makes sense. He's not an ATG as the word generally gets applied but he's a definite HOFer. In my opinion.
                  Last edited by BennyST; 10-08-2011, 04:16 AM.

Comment

The 140 lb division Tszyu dominated was pretty weak...The division has only been strong a handful of times and when it was no one ever dominated it, save maybe Julio Cesar Chavez.

Comment

Working...
                    X