No announcement yet.

Early stoppage...not in the uk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Absolute bollocks and what a terrible connivance by a corrupt nation. The Americans have gone full trump now.

7 low blows and ward only got a talking to for one.

Kovalev should tell hbo to eff right off. This is the worst, dirtiest big fight I've seen since pac v Bradley one.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      Lol..yall stay losing
      Been a month the brook then the Mayweather Vs Conor fight stealing thunder from the Sept fight now this loving it. Crying like ******s.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        Show me 7 blows below the beltline and I'll switch my avatar to a Krusher logo for a month.

I'll start you off. The last blow goes below the beltline. Now give me 6 more.
        you probably think any punch that touches the belt line is legal though so what would be the point? in reality if any part of wards glove goes below the belt line its deemed low and that happened plenty of times in the fight. some of the glove would hit the belt line and some would hit below=low blow. the belt line is like a big border and when you go over that border it is no longer legal. a shame some fans and even the ref dont know the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          you probably think any punch that touches the belt line is legal though so what would be the point? in reality if any part of wards glove goes below the belt line its deemed low and that happened plenty of times in the fight. some of the glove would hit the belt line and some would hit below=low blow. the belt line is like a big border and when you go over that border it is no longer legal. a shame some fans and even the ref dont know the rules.
          You wrote all this even though the last shot did not have his entire glove go below the beltline, and I counted it as low. OK bro.

Comment

Did you see the pre fight instructions?

Weeks clearly stated that anything on Kov's belt line would be good and anything below it (the black portion) would be low. Roy Jones also explained that Kov's trunks were a bit high and that punches to his belt line should have been considered legal......

Comment

You're going to cry about it tonight huh?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                I expect so called fans on here not to know this but the ref...oh what rubbish

Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                Did you see the pre fight instructions?

Weeks clearly stated that anything on Kov's belt line would be good and anything below it (the black portion) would be low. Roy Jones also explained that Kov's trunks were a bit high and that punches to his belt line should have been considered legal......
                what are tyou talking about? some of those punches were well below the belt line, they weren't even borderline. I ignored the borderline shots and even then there were 6 punches that were low. Two punches that low should get you a warning, 7 should be a disqualification.

But that's not even the major issue which I raised, is it?

Didn't I explicitly talk about the stoppage? In a fight for the unified light heavyweight title? How teh hell does a ref, thinking straight and supposedly unbiased, stop a fight at the first sign of trouble? In a fight of this magnitude against a guy who hasn't even been closed to being stopped?

can you explain that. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  TS is a miserable mfkr that is always wrong, always sounding like a bitter clown. I DO think it ended early. But, Kovalev was done, regardless. The only reason to let it go longer was respect and formality. Wouldn't have changed a damn thing but if that mental blanket give your some sort of peace in this traumatizing time, you clutch onto it.
                  what was I wrong about? I picked Ward to win you idiot.

Now, back to the boxing, how can you, watching the fight drunk, know when a fighter is done? Can you explain what revelation you received to tell you KOvalev, you has never been stopped, not even close, who had won the majority of rounds on almost every card, was "done" without even a clean kd?

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    what was I wrong about? I picked Ward to win you idiot.

Now, back to the boxing, how can you, watching the fight drunk, know when a fighter is done? Can you explain what revelation you received to tell you KOvalev, you has never been stopped, not even close, who had won the majority of rounds on almost every card, was "done" without even a clean kd?
                    You were wrong about 7 low blows, about US being corrupt but UK squeaky clean, about Kovalev not being done, and just about everything else you rant about.

You prove time and time again that you don't know shyt about boxing. That's OK! My wife don't know shyt either but I still like chatting boxing with her. But, she doesn't go on rants, saying everything is broken because it didn't go her way. You're a crying child. Grow the fuk up.

Comment

what are tyou talking about? some of those punches were well below the belt line, they weren't even borderline. I ignored the borderline shots and even then there were 6 punches that were low. Two punches that low should get you a warning, 7 should be a disqualification.

But that's not even the major issue which I raised, is it?

Didn't I explicitly talk about the stoppage? In a fight for the unified light heavyweight title? How teh hell does a ref, thinking straight and supposedly unbiased, stop a fight at the first sign of trouble? In a fight of this magnitude against a guy who hasn't even been closed to being stopped?

can you explain that. Thanks.
                      Aside from the last punch, I didn't see many shots drastically below the belt line.

I also agree the stoppage was a bit premature; however, I think the situation was brought on by Kov's desire to escape the legal body shots that Ward landed. I think both fighters suffered from the early stoppage. Kov deserved to go out fighting and Ward deserved to win without controversy.

Can't explain the ref's mindset because he hasn't issued a statement. I know we're all experts here but a certain amount of error is to be expected when trying to ref a fight in real time.. He doesn't get the luxury of doing it from home with HBO replay......

Comment

Working...
                      X