No announcement yet.

Seattle boxing gyms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle boxing gyms

Anyone in the seattle area that have any good recommendations for a good boxing gym for a beginner?

i'm not looking to compete. just learn the basics, light sparring and have some fun.

i've looked around and it seems like there's only 1.

thanks!

I used to go to one over in Tacoma cant really remember the name of it, had great equipment, but couldnt afford to travel frome Bremerton to Tacoma everyday. I'll post the name of the gym if I remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXING 24/7 View Post
      I used to go to one over in Tacoma cant really remember the name of it, had great equipment, but couldnt afford to travel frome Bremerton to Tacoma everyday. I'll post the name of the gym if I remember it.
      tacoma is deep man. thanks though!

Comment

anyone else? thanks!

Comment

I'd goto the "Robert Shannon Boxing Club". Someone proud enough to put their full name on the front of their business means more to me than silly gym names. That gym sounds like a tough one, I may be wrong though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt View Post
            Anyone in the seattle area that have any good recommendations for a good boxing gym for a beginner?

i'm not looking to compete. just learn the basics, light sparring and have some fun.

i've looked around and it seems like there's only 1.

thanks!
            You know just before you get to Quincy Jones' house,there's a great gym down

Comment

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Robert_Shannon

definitely train with this guy....his trainer used to be Angelo Dundee

Comment

Originally posted by Frighteous View Post

I'd goto the "Robert Shannon Boxing Club". Someone proud enough to put their full name on the front of their business means more to me than silly gym names. That gym sounds like a tough one, I may be wrong though.
                wait, you said you go there, but you said it sounds like a tough one?

or did i misread that?

anyway, thanks for that screenshot, but i did search google and all the PNW amateur sites. i found one in Renton called Azteca boxing club and it's a whole lot cheaper than Cappys.

Robert shannon's club is a little far from me, but i might check that out thanks!

Comment

Bumblebee's is in South Seattle. Credit is in Renton right next to Skyway. Azteca is in the heart of Renton. They also have SeaMar in West Seattle.

Bumblebee and Credit are ran by former pros that held some minor belts. The coach at Credit focuses more towards making pro fighters.

TENOCHTITLAN BOXING
                  Contact Lorenzo Reyes (425) 829 0514 or 206 941 0220
                  455 Jefferson Ave NE Renton, WA 98056
                  Last edited by GrandpaBernard; 06-13-2010, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    Bumblebee's is in South Seattle. Credit is in Renton right next to Skyway. Azteca is in the heart of Renton. They also have SeaMar in West Seattle.

Bumblebee and Credit are ran by former pros that held some minor belts. The coach at Credit focuses more towards making pro fighters.

TENOCHTITLAN BOXING
                    Contact Lorenzo Reyes (425) 829 0514 or 206 941 0220
                    455 Jefferson Ave NE Renton, WA 98056
                    yeah i looked into credit and bumblee and it looks like they're geared towards those who want to compete. bumblebee also seems more focused on kids and those who are younger rather than adult beginners.

Havent heard too much about Tenochtitlan. are you part of them?

Comment

Working...
                    X