No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto vs Carlos Palomino prime for prime at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miguel Cotto vs Carlos Palomino prime for prime at 147

How does this go? Palomino is a better banger and can fight inside, Cotto a superior Boxer and has a small edge in speed (in his prime).

they both seem to have similar resumes, Cotto beating everyone but the best (Pacquiao, Margarito (loaded?), Palomino the same. (losing decisions to Duran and Benitez).

I don't know a lot about Palomino but I like watching him fight when I can get my hands on it.
    Cotto
    100.00%
    Palomino
    0.00%
    Last edited by them_apples; 03-02-2012, 06:53 PM.

Interesting matchup. I saw Palomino fight many times both live and on TV. His biggest strength is his stamina. Him and Monzon were the two best late round fighters that I've seen in my lifetime. I'd give Cotto a good shot if the fight was 10 rounds, and little chance if it is 15. So in a 12 rounder I'll take Palomino by unanimous decision or late stoppage. It would be an action fight for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Interesting matchup. I saw Palomino fight many times both live and on TV. His biggest strength is his stamina. Him and Monzon were the two best late round fighters that I've seen in my lifetime. I'd give Cotto a good shot if the fight was 10 rounds, and little chance if it is 15. So in a 12 rounder I'll take Palomino by unanimous decision or late stoppage. It would be an action fight for sure.
      I was thinking along those lines. I am guessing Cotto would do well early and Palomino would get stronger as the bout goes on. But I don't know who would win.

Comment

gotta favor palomino....

Cotto fades even when things are going his way (alfonso gomez)
        Also I had him losing to Clottey who is terrible.....

One other thing to think about is cottos lack of heart...
        I mean if he was gettin masterfully whipped by Duran like Palomino was
        I think he would give up/retire....

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
          gotta favor palomino....

What in the hell? Cotto faded after 5 brutally one sided rounds?

Prime Cotto didn't fade much towards the end of fights. Cotto fading in the Mosley fight is very exaggerated. The cut in his lip from the Judah fight opened up and he felt he was ahead so he backed off. He still fought toe to toe in the second half of the 10th and won the 11th.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
            What in the hell? Cotto faded after 5 brutally one sided rounds?

Prime Cotto didn't fade much towards the end of fights. Cotto fading in the Mosley fight is very exaggerated. The cut in his lip from the Judah fight opened up and he felt he was ahead so he backed off. He still fought toe to toe in the second half of the 10th and won the 11th.

Yes Cotto faded after 5 one sided rounds. That is pathetic.
            I remember the nuthuggers on here making excuses like he felt sorry for gomez LOL!!!

I don't get what you mean by exaggerated. Cotto won legit but
            he was spent and looked to run away for most of the second half of the mosley fight.

Last edited by lightsout_finit; 02-28-2012, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Yes Cotto faded after 5 one sided rounds. That is pathetic.
              I remember the nuthuggers on here making excuses like he felt sorry for gomez LOL!!!

I don't get what you mean by exaggerated. Cotto won legit but
              he was spent and looked to run away for most of the second half of the mosley fight.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

one of Palominos key strengths was his staminia,huge problem for Cotto,who i think would get stopped late after doing well for 7/8 rounds

Comment

gotta favor palomino....

Cotto does always fade, and yes in fights he's winning too (Mosley) but he usually just get's on his bike more, he's shown he's pretty hard to get rid of when he does that. I disagree about Clottey being terrible, he's just limited. A lot of that had to do with a cut as well.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
                    Cotto does always fade, and yes in fights he's winning too (Mosley) but he usually just get's on his bike more, he's shown he's pretty hard to get rid of when he does that. I disagree about Clottey being terrible, he's just limited. A lot of that had to do with a cut as well.

Clottey is strong and has a decent defence.......
                    But the reason I believe he is terrible is because he is very mentally weak even more than cotto..........

He was doing well against margo but then after he bruised his finger he decided not to fight back anymore.
                    And lets not even talk about tha pac fight.......

Comment

Working...
                    X