Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sampson: Sergio Martinez Taking Dangerous Risk With Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! What year are we?

Comment

Poor, noble, honest and honorable Sampson, he won't be involved because Sergio actually wants to keep most of the money this time, good for Martinez, finally woke up...

Comment

That's great. Now, we only need to lure Kelly Pavlik out of retirement to feel ourselves much younger.

Comment

Gotta admire Sergio's cajones for taking this after such a long layoff especially considering how worn down and damaged he was when he retired. Good luck to him...I will watch with great interest.

Comment

When I think about this...Nov. 17th is just 7 1/2 weeks away. Jr's probably in terrible shape and won't have any real stamina to fight by then...whereas Sergio looks to be in good enough shape already to be able make it a one-sided match-up and safely work a decision in his favour.

It's a good choice for Sergio because Jr probably needs the money and still has some a drawing power to bring to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
              When I think about this...Nov. 17th is just 7 1/2 weeks away. Jr's probably in terrible shape and won't have any real stamina to fight by then...whereas Sergio looks to be in good enough shape already to be able make it a one-sided match-up and safely work a decision in his favour.

It's a good choice for Sergio because Jr probably needs the money and still has some a drawing power to bring to the table.
              I seriously doubt that. JR is a loser. Especially seeing on how he lost to Canelo by not even trying. This fight wont mean much. Maravilla looked so helpless because of his knee in his last fight. Im a big Sergio fan but not necessarily looking forward to this one.

Comment

Originally posted by jcj0427 View Post
                I seriously doubt that. JR is a loser. Especially seeing on how he lost to Canelo by not even trying. This fight wont mean much. Maravilla looked so helpless because of his knee in his last fight. Im a big Sergio fan but not necessarily looking forward to this one.
                True...and this has been the case for some time/years. Yet in spite of this...every time he fights people forget about that fact and his fans come out of the woodwork to support him with great enthusiasm and anticipation.

Comment

Of course its about money, Martinez might be a wealthy man but then he wants more money before he wouldn't be able to do this again. Am sure both fighters have already agreed how this would go. They are just there to milk the chavez name and the "Rematch"

Comment

He prob knows he has jr's number and cam tap that ass any time he wants. I recon he schools him again. Alrhough at 43 he shouldnt be coming back

Comment

What? Eh? Sergio, a comeback? Is he struggling for $$$?

Comment

Working...
                      X