No announcement yet.

Hardest kicker vs. Hardest puncher?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardest kicker vs. Hardest puncher?

I heard Vitali got KO'd in kicking boxing before by a kick.

Are kicks really that much harder than punches? Which would produce more power, a hard shot from the hardest kicker or a hard shot from the hardest puncher?

Alot of people say punchers are born, not made...how about kickers? Can you develop kicking power?

yeah a kick is a lot harder than a punch, the leg is a much more powerful weapon than the arm, it's a lot stronger, if you watch some of the old bruce lee footage you wiil see just how powerful it can be, a lot more powerful than a very hard punch

Comment

i koed a guy during sparring 3 weeks ago to the liver with a right round kick.

The leg muscles is bigger and stronger than the arms, by my experience a kick can be more powerful, but kicking is harder to learn and takes more energy.

if i remember he lost tko cause his corner gave him upp cause off some injury, he has never been koed.

Comment

Originally posted by leff
        i koed a guy during sparring 3 weeks ago to the liver with a right round kick.
        Am I the only one who finds this a tad weird?

Comment

Originally posted by JulietWhiskey
          Am I the only one who finds this a tad weird?
          why cause i mainly do boxing??

Comment

Liver shots suck. I keep my elbow tucked just to block those nasty things. First time I took a punch to the liver I thought I was going to throw up. Knees and kicks to the liver will put you on your back too quick

Comment

I imagine the kick is harder, but the punch can't be that far behind it, considering that a power puncher uses his legs to throw the punch, and all. I know that, personally, my punches are a lot stronger than my kicks. That's because I can't kick for ****, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
                Liver shots suck. I keep my elbow tucked just to block those nasty things. First time I took a punch to the liver I thought I was going to throw up. Knees and kicks to the liver will put you on your back too quick
                only if your the one getting hit by them.

Comment

i'm sure kicks provide more power, but a punch is just a lot easier to be accurate on for most people. i havent watch too much mma, kickboxing, etc., but it seems like most kicks, which arent "thrown" often anyway, end up going to the other guys legs or getting blocked. punches can be thrown more often and more accurately, so even if theyre not as powerful theyre more damaging.

Comment

So are kickers born or can a hard kicker be made?

Comment

Working...
                    X