No announcement yet.

Muscle healing advice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle healing advice?

I started training this week and let me tell you... after about 2 years of not going to the gym anymore, gaining 50 pounds from quitting smoking, and after about 8+ years since my last martial arts classes... I'm so sore i can hardley walk. I have to literally fall into my chair, and pull myself out of it with my arms.

My question is...

What is the best and fastest way for me to heal up so i can continue training? Is it heat? Ice? rotation of both? any external lotions or ointments that can assist in the speediness? I really wanna train hard but i can't do **** if i cant move lol.

Thanks in advance, all and any advice is welcome

you got to let your body rest - your body has to get used to working out hard a again - Give it some time

And make sure you are getting good amounts of protien

Comment

kool, yeah after tuesday i was wrecked for a couple days, took a few days off till i felt alot better. definately gonna have to work myself into it slowly.

Comment

yeah, work into it slowly. dont rush anything. make sure you are getting a good amount of protien everyday (figure 1 gram for every pound you weigh) and a decent amount of carbs, esspecially before and during your workout (for energy). rest up. when you're sleeping... you're body does the most repair. you don't really need to use ice or heat unless you're actually hurt. if you are hurt... if you switch off (lets say 20 minutes ice.... then 10 minutes heat) it helps the muscles work without actually using them... it only makes sense, 2 opposites opossing each other with create friction, along with helping heal. heat helps losen your muscles, the ice will reduce inflamation. if its just a matter of being sore..... rest and dont over work your body. whats weird, and you'll prolly realize later.... over time, you'll get more endurance to go longer and not be sore... however after a while its so natural and instinct that you don't notice and constantly find yourself wanting more, lol.

keep up the good work bro. glad to hear you're training hard.

Comment

Working...
        X