No announcement yet.

Training for a fight (kick boxing)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training for a fight (kick boxing)

I was training for a MMA match that got canceled......well actually the promoter set it up then split......but anyway I have to rework my routine.

Hamstring is too tight

Stop working on shoulder muscles..too tight and slow for this type of match.

Stance is all wrong for kickboxing....no leg kicks so I can open it up more.

cardio is good but I can always improve....3-2 minute rounds are short but it's all out for those 2 minutes non stop.....burst training

leg speed

loose bad habits
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power stretching
    focus pads and heavy bag
    Bursts on exercise bike....running.....jump rope
    spar spar spar!!!!!!!!
    200 sit ups a day at LEAST
    weighted kicking and work on form
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm at 150 right now and bouncing from 147 to 153...need to level off and keep a better diet
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 14th

Shadow Boxed....3-5 min rounds
    200 situps
    stretched
    3-10 minute bursts on stair climbing machine

weight=147

Comment

try doing kicks in a pool

Comment

Yeah I would if I had access to one.....That is a good way to work out......I used to do punches like that when we had a pool. I have a thing I am making for resistance....you take an eye hook and mount it to the ceiling and one on the floor then run a cable or rope through them...then hook weight to one end and your foot or hands to the other. Kind of a poor mans solo flex lol

Comment

TRUE

Comment

weights on the shoulders won't make them tight and slow, just keep the reps explosive, that means don't go to failure

Comment

Thanks....I was building muscle there and my right hook felt tight. I started working them twice a week instead of 4 times and did more stretching before and after. It seems to help. I'll try your way this week.

Comment

Explosive training is ****ing awesome, but its one of those things you really have to push yourself to see the best results IMO. I don't find it easy to do wihtout a partner.

Comment

Working...
                X