No announcement yet.

Shogun vs Thiago Silva!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Shogun vs Thiago Silva!

Sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com that light heavyweights Thiago Silva and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua have agreed to meet at UFC 149 in Calgary, Alberta.

UFC president Dana White today tweeted the Silva vs. Rua matchup but didn't reveal a date for it. MMAjunkie.com later confirmed the targeted event.

UFC 149 takes place July 21 in Calgary. Silva vs. Rua likely will be part of the PPV lineup, which – as MMAjunkie.com first reported – will feature a featherweight title fight between champion Jose Aldo and challenger Erik Koch.
    MMAjunkie.com

This is going to be a violent ****ing fight!

Comment

Awesome match up.

Have a feeling Thiago will try to take this to the ground. If he didn't want to stand with Brandon Vera, I really doubt he's gonna wanna stand with Shogun.

Shogun really needs a win, but so does Thiago.

Comment

Shogun is always tougher coming off a loss...

Comment

Shogun will come in out of shape.

Thiago will go for the kill.

I expect fireworks but anything over 2 rounds. Gonna get sloppy.

Comment

Used to look up to Shogun, but dude doesnt have sh.t anymore. This will be a slugfest either way, I'll say Rua via heel hook. Thiago is just a brawler

Comment

I thought Rampage was suppose to fight Shogun next?

Comment

So did I, he's crying again now though 'cos he reckons Joe will give him a poor opponent enit. I reckon he wants Shogun so bad 'cos Shogun brings it and Rampage can't ever get out of first gear in a fight man, so he needs fighters to stand infronta him n dat.
                Rampage is still injured anyway

Comment

easy fight for Shogun

Comment

Should be Shogun victory for sure, but Thiago does not deserve to fight a contender like Rua at all, it's redicilous. It seems that the UFC is really making Silva pay for the whole ped's thing. Dude is gonna be on such a long loss streak.

Comment

Working...
                    X