Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz Rematch - PPV Buys To Land Just North of 275,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wilder-Ortiz Rematch - PPV Buys To Land Just North of 275,000

Multiple industry sources have informed BoxingScene.com that the Nov. 23 Fox Sports four-fight Pay-Per-View telecast-topped by Wilder's repeat knockout win over Luis Ortiz-from MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas will land just north of 275,000 units sold in domestic sales. The most generous estimates have the event falling shy of 300,000, although performing considerably better than previous and largely unconfirmed rumors regarding the Premier Boxing Champions (PBC)-branded event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Oh boy. The haters are about to go crazy.

Comment

The numbers aren’t very good. Looking forward to the pbc spin sellers here doe

Comment

Last i heard it was a little north of 300,000 but that's including digital buys. Consider Fox said they get 10-12% digital buys that would put it just above the 300,000 mark.

Comment

Everybody knows Wildher really sold only 138k PPVs vs Ortiz, Wildher flop but his fanboys gonna lie about it

Comment

Other than Fury or Joshua, it doesn’t look likely that Wilder has a PPV future, if his biggest threat match up could get 275k as a generous estimate

What other opponents can they force on PPV?

Comment

Tyistall put me on ignore because I asked why he would question the legitimacy of PPV sales before the fight even happened.

Someone go in to his thread

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=833842

and post this so he, BangEM, and the rest of the British Boxing Cuckery can hate on this accurate number.

Comment

I was off on this one. Thought it would hit 350k.

So did around Spence/Porter.

Let's see the live gate of the event. If it is less than than 2M, then as far as I'm concerned, Spence is the biggest American star in boxing at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  The numbers aren’t very good. Looking forward to the pbc spin sellers here doe
                  It was going to lose money regardless but it should have pulled in better numbers than Spence/Porter.

Either way, looks like it did better than 180k, which would have been a total disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    Other than Fury or Joshua, it doesn’t look likely that Wilder has a PPV future, if his biggest threat match up could get 275k as a generous estimate

What other opponents can they force on PPV?
                    Ruiz would do much better numbers than this one if he wins over the weekend.

Fury and Ruiz and Joshua are the ones that do better numbers than Ortiz did.

Comment

Working...
                    X