No announcement yet.

Carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbs

The First Time I Went Boxing ,, I Heard My Trainer Say To Some1 " You Dont Need Carbs They'll Bulk You Up Too Much "

Is This True

It is incredible how ignorant some people are. NO! He is a moron!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TurnerBoxing View Post
      The First Time I Went Boxing ,, I Heard My Trainer Say To Some1 " You Dont Need Carbs They'll Bulk You Up Too Much "

Is This True
      You need carbs before a fight for energy. Just make sure its something healthy like pasta or something.

I wouldn't eat very many carbs outside of that though because they will make you gain weight. Not necessarily bulk you up.

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
        It is incredible how ignorant some people are. NO! He is a moron!!!
        Lol He Used To Be A Professional Boxer For 13 Years

And Professional Kick Boxer For 17 ,, Far From A moron

Comment

Ok bud...

If he said that, he is a moron. If you misheard it then it was a mistake. By the way, being a pro boxer does not make you an expert on nutrition. No carbs is essentially the atkins diet. Go ahead and try it for 3 months training for a fight and see if that is not a moronic idea/statement.

Comment

Yes, that is pretty damn stupid. Carbs are the bodies primary source of energy. They get stored in your muscles and is the first thing your body uses as fuel in anaerobic events such as boxing and boxing training. If you dont have enough carbs you'll feel the lactic acid build up alot sooner and you wont be able to go as hard and youll get sloppy.

I second what danny said, being a pro doesnt make you smart (if anything hes lost MORE brain cells then anybody in your gym lol) or a nutritionist. Im sure you could follow any of his fighting advice and it would be good but as far as nutrition it doesnt sound like he knows everything.

Im giving him the benefit of the doubt here, but, he may have meant carbs from sugars. Just eat healthy (carbs from fruits and veggies) and dont eat too much or you will bulk up and it may not be in a good way (fat).

Comment

Originally posted by Landon S View Post
              Yes, that is pretty damn stupid. Carbs are the bodies primary source of energy. They get stored in your muscles and is the first thing your body uses as fuel in anaerobic events such as boxing and boxing training. If you dont have enough carbs you'll feel the lactic acid build up alot sooner and you wont be able to go as hard and youll get sloppy.

I second what danny said, being a pro doesnt make you smart (if anything hes lost MORE brain cells then anybody in your gym lol) or a nutritionist. Im sure you could follow any of his fighting advice and it would be good but as far as nutrition it doesnt sound like he knows everything.

Im giving him the benefit of the doubt here, but, he may have meant carbs from sugars. Just eat healthy (carbs from fruits and veggies) and dont eat too much or you will bulk up and it may not be in a good way (fat).
              Yeah I Proply Sounded It Wrong ,, He Meant No Extra Carbs ,, He Said Eat Meat And Veg ,, Not Pasta Regularly Or Not Potatoes Regularly

Comment

if you're cutting weight, then yeah reducing your complex carbohydrate intake is a good idea, but theres no reason to do this unless your cutting weight, its not healthy to do it for long periods of time, can lead to kidney and liver problems.

Comment

Exactly. Cut carbs if you are dieting.

Comment

Working...
                  X