No announcement yet.

Charles Brewer vs Bernard Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Brewer vs Bernard Hopkins

Who wins the battle between these 2 Philly boxers? Both were 6'1, both were world champions and altho Hopkins may be a better boxer, he sure ain't the better puncher. Brewer was also known to come back strong after getting dropped, like against Herol Graham. And Hopkins could make 168 without a problem for sure. I just am not sure if he would want this fight, coz he wouldnt be having the physical advantage he usually enjoyed among middleweights.

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
    Who wins the battle between these 2 Philly boxers? Both were 6'1, both were world champions and altho Hopkins may be a better boxer, he sure ain't the better puncher. Brewer was also known to come back strong after getting dropped, like against Herol Graham. And Hopkins could make 168 without a problem for sure. I just am not sure if he would want this fight, coz he wouldnt be having the physical advantage he usually enjoyed among middleweights.
    I still like Hopkins in this one. Brewer was a little suspect around the chin and I'm sure that Hopkins punched harder than the likes of Herol Graham.....who had Brewer down twice from memory.

Even taken to decision, I favour Hopkins too.

Comment

Hopkins outclasses Brewer by plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        Hopkins outclasses Brewer by plenty.

I'm sure Hopkins would bury the Hatchet.

Comment

Pastrano, if you're gonna take shots at Hopkins, ya gotta do better than this! Brewer not even close to being in Hopkins league, no matter the stage of their careers, weight,etc.

Comment

Hopkins wins a wide decision although a late stoppage wouldnt shock me,Brewer simply isnt in Bhops league

Comment

Prime Brewer was clearly better than most of Bhop's opposition at 160, except for Glen Johnson, RJJ, Trinidad, DLH and Jermain Taylor. That he lost to Echols means nothing, he kd him three times before that and that was past prime Brewer. Stoppage came too early too.

Comment

Brewer is a second class fighter in comparison to Hopkins. Bernard chops him down in 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                  Prime Brewer was clearly better than most of Bhop's opposition at 160, except for Glen Johnson, RJJ, Trinidad, DLH and Jermain Taylor. That he lost to Echols means nothing, he kd him three times before that and that was past prime Brewer. Stoppage came too early too.
                  Can you name even ONE contender Brewer ever beat at middleweight? Not to mention the multiple losses, some by KO. Brewer was a good offensive fighter, but had no chin whatsoever. The truth is that he was damn lucky that he didn't get Hopkins in the ring. His best days were at 168 anyway.

Comment

Other Bhop challengers superior to Brewer- Eastman, JD Jackson, Carl Daniels, Echols, and even Joppy. Anyone who has seen both BHop and Brewer fight knows this is a missmatch because of the difference in skill not because of them being the same height.

Comment

Working...
                    X