No announcement yet.

Interval Sprints?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interval Sprints?

I've been running 5k six nights a week for a while, and I thought interval sprinting would be better suited to build endurance in the ring since you have periods of rest in between rounds.

I fight three three minute rounds, how should I structure my sprints?

I fight the same and the best condition I have ever been in was when I was doing:

100, 200, 400, 200, 100, 200, 400, 200, 100 with one minute rest in between each sprint. I may add an extra one or two 100m ones at the end as well.

Comment

Running long distance really isn't that effective when it comes to boxing if you dont add sprints into it.

I usually do:

30 second sprints with 30 second rest x3
      60 second sprints with 30 second rest x3
      90 second sprints with 60 second rest x3

After only a couple weeks I already felt much better in the ring.

Comment

I allways liked to jog bettween my intervals. I never liked to just stop and stand like some people do. When I was training i would sprint 100 meters as fast as I could jog 100 meters x 10. I would also sprint 200 meters then jog 200 meters x 10 on other days. I would sometimes do the same thing with 400 meter sprints. I did the same thing with hill training. I would sprint up the biggest hill I could find then jog down as many times as I could. I usually only did intervals once or twice a week.

Comment

Working...
        X