No announcement yet.

has naybody ever had a headache the day after taking a good shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has naybody ever had a headache the day after taking a good shot

i wonder if anyone has had a headache or ringing only a day after a good shot but it go away. and how do you learn how to take good shots?

Originally posted by DJ QUIK View Post
    i wonder if anyone has had a headache or ringing only a day after a good shot but it go away. and how do you learn how to take good shots?
    Yes after the last bout for several days, gone away now. I think you come accostumed to taking shots with sparring and fighting. In a fight it is important not to try and move around too much after a big shot because your knees might not be there if you know what I mean. try and grapple as much as it is permitted until you come back to normal. If you are knocked down don´t get up straight away, by about five up on one knee and then by latest 8 stand up. If you get up too soon you might stumbled or fall again.
    I used to get a weird feeling of deja vu, like I had been in the same situation in the past after taking a hard shot. Also try not to show on your face that you are affected by a shot, that gives the opponent a green flag, try and keep a blank expression like you are emotionless that can out psych an opponent.

Comment

Yea man, once my head hurt for like a whole week. That was realy crazy. But yeah, if you get cought with a good shot you will probably feel it for a day or two.

Comment

yea it happened over the summer when i got my ass whooped in sparring.. i took alot of right hands... but it hasnt happened in a while.. i dont know if u can learn to take a shot.. i think its either u can or u cant

Comment

nah not the day after

occasionally i get a slight headache after sparring if i take more power shots than i usually do........probably nothing to worry about

Comment

Yea, lasted 3 days, that was fun

got caught with 2 good shots....gotta train more

Comment

ofcorse....

Comment

I been caught with flush right hands and get stunned by it for a second or two, never had a head ache, you have a weak chin perhaps?

Comment

Yea.. after sparring with a pro... it went away in a day or 2... you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ QUIK View Post

If you get in the habit of taking "good shots" you can expect to get headaches, concussions, broken noses, black eyes and numerous other injuries. Boxing is not a contest to see who can take the most abuse. You win by hitting and not getting hit. Improve your defense and you won't have to "learn how to take good shots," if indeed it is possible to learn that.

Comment

Working...
                    X