Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about training frequency (2x a week?)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about training frequency (2x a week?)

So I'm starting boxing again next week after a 7 year hiatus. Would two 1.5 hour coached sessions a week be enough, supplemented with another 2 days in which I train pull ups, shoulders, squats and core with heavy bag at the end of my strength workouts?

My gym actually offers 3 days a week coached, but I simply don't have the time to do three coached sessions plus two strength sessions a week - I could possibly throw in my pull ups at the end of my boxing sessions and do shoulders and core whenever throughout my rest days, but I'm not sure if this would be efficient.

What's your take on this one? I want to maintain my strength and muscle for boxing but want to get in enough boxing training to get decent.

Originally posted by hisnamewas View Post
    So I'm starting boxing again next week after a 7 year hiatus. Would two 1.5 hour coached sessions a week be enough, supplemented with another 2 days in which I train pull ups, shoulders, squats and core with heavy bag at the end of my strength workouts?

My gym actually offers 3 days a week coached, but I simply don't have the time to do three coached sessions plus two strength sessions a week - I could possibly throw in my pull ups at the end of my boxing sessions and do shoulders and core whenever throughout my rest days, but I'm not sure if this would be efficient.

What's your take on this one? I want to maintain my strength and muscle for boxing but want to get in enough boxing training to get decent.
    Idk I'm a amatuer boxer about to go pro and I train everyday except sunday

Comment

Nope....
      3-4 times a week, concentrate on the coached lessons first before anything...
      You have boxed be4 so you have your base and the basics..now tune them up...its all well and good to be muscly and all, but it means fck all if you cant defend, throw your punchs properly and punch at angle's and move around the ring, dictating pace and so on and actually been able to go the rounds.....
      Concentrate on that first then start thinking about your muscles

Comment

Several questions:

How old are you?
        Are you training for health or combat?

It seems like you have a career and bills to pay.

If you just want to stay healthy, and keep a job, you need to do the math/calculus yourself.

Comment

Working...
        X