No announcement yet.

Losing Weight for Jr. Olympics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Weight for Jr. Olympics

At this moment I weigh 158 and Jr. Olympics comes to town the 17th of May. I was wondering how possible it would be for me to cut down to the 145 class without hurting myself?

Oh, and while i'm at it, is it possible for some kids from the same club to fight each other for tournaments like these considering they may be in the same weight class?

They wouldnt match yall up, but it is possible for yall to meet up if yall both make it to final rd... but if your coach is like mine, then yall wouldnt fight each other (you dont have to take the fight if you dont want to)

and yeah its possible for you to cut down without hurting yourself because you still have alot of time

g'luck training... go to walmart buy a sauna suit, its great man!!

Comment

Originally posted by McAlister View Post
      They wouldnt match yall up, but it is possible for yall to meet up if yall both make it to final rd... but if your coach is like mine, then yall wouldnt fight each other (you dont have to take the fight if you dont want to)

and yeah its possible for you to cut down without hurting yourself because you still have alot of time

g'luck training... go to walmart buy a sauna suit, its great man!!

I'm looking forward to it, but i just came off a huge lay off so it may prove difficult, but i'm starting to learn not to back down from anything.

we have a regional champion in our gym a weight class below the one i'm shooting for so, i'm looking to spar him a lot just because I can learn from him and look at him as a belief of getting past him, i can get past anyone.

I feel like i'll get pretty lucky when it comes to my weight class solely because i'm 6'1 or 6'2 and typically you don't find people that big in the 145 class.

Comment

Originally posted by Erbad View Post
        I'm looking forward to it, but i just came off a huge lay off so it may prove difficult, but i'm starting to learn not to back down from anything.

we have a regional champion in our gym a weight class below the one i'm shooting for so, i'm looking to spar him a lot just because I can learn from him and look at him as a belief of getting past him, i can get past anyone.

I feel like i'll get pretty lucky when it comes to my weight class solely because i'm 6'1 or 6'2 and typically you don't find people that big in the 145 class.
        lol I thought I was tall for that weight.. im 5'10 144... but damn u tall lol for that division, use ya reach

Comment

The tournament will certainly match guys from the same gymj. Your trainers may not accept the match but you will be matched.

Also, why is everybody trying to "cut" weight. Eat smart, train right and work hard. You will come in strong like that instead of cutting weight and coming in weakened. In the amatuers you will fight 2-5 hours after you weigh in. The pros have 24 hours to replenish their bodies and often that is not even enough time to do it properly. No way you'll be able to do it in 2-5 hours if you drained yourself................Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
            In the amatuers you will fight 2-5 hours after you weigh in. The pros have 24 hours to replenish their bodies and often that is not even enough time to do it properly. No way you'll be able to do it in 2-5 hours if you drained yourself................Rockin'

It depends on who's hosting the tourney... this year for golden gloves we weighed in on friday @ 5pm, fought on saturday & sunday

Comment

It depends on who's hosting the tourney... this year for golden gloves we weighed in on friday @ 5pm, fought on saturday & sunday

They had to of re-weighed you for the sunday show. And I have never heard of that, weighing in the day before. Ill check in my rule book but I dont believe that that would be proper by the usa/boxing book. No matter where you are in the u.s you should be fighting under their sanction............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                They had to of re-weighed you for the sunday show. And I have never heard of that, weighing in the day before. Ill check in my rule book but I dont believe that that would be proper by the usa/boxing book. No matter where you are in the u.s you should be fighting under their sanction............Rockin'
                It was under their sanction, and nah they didnt re-weigh anyone.. but iono georgia is backwards...

Comment

It was under their sanction, and nah they didnt re-weigh anyone.. but iono georgia is backwards...
                  Dude, thats straight up dangerous. I would tell your people to straighten it up before somebody gets seriously hurt. Pro boxing seems to handle the blackeyes well, boxing does not need another. Especially from the amatuers.

Also, if the wrong person sees this your amatuer officials are going to be in some trouble............Rockin'

Comment

Rule 107.1 - Boxers shall weigh in no more than 24hrs before bout. Boxers shall weigh in before every bout.

Not quoted but thats the jist of it. Again, better tell your people to straighten up.........Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X