No announcement yet.

Ki / Chi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ki / Chi

Do you guys believe that everyone has a ki or chi - internal strength?
    And do you believe it can help you become a better fighter

I honestly do believe everyone does, because I am begining to feel my own.
    People can do some pretty amazing stuff using thier Ki, like getting kicked in the balls or hit in the throat and not feeling a thing or breaking cinderblocks.
    The thing is if you want to improve your fighting abilities or your self defense skills - you aren't going to be getting ready for an hour to do just one thing.'
    I believe you can use your Ki practically and it something that has to be continually worked on - It is no easy task at all, but if you can, I know it can help improve you as a fighter and help you in self defense.

What are your thoughts?

Training in Martial Arts for as long as I have. I understand what you’re talking about. It can take years of training before some feel their chi, and many more years to train on how to use it. It keeps your mind sharp, and your body strong. I've seen some amazing things done by my Grand Master that I thought couldn't be done, by one of his age and size. It's all in your mind, if you think it, it can be done. I'll find some good books for you to read on this sub, it may help you on that path. If you'd like...

Comment

cool thx

Comment

I know a guy who has an aiki-jitsu school in CT. Hes an old man at around 60 years old, but he has infra-red photos of his chi. He basically held his hand out and focused his energy to it, and in each time lapsed shot it increasingly grows red in the center, larger and larger...it's really an amaxing thing to see. I'll try to get the pics posted if i see my friend who talks to him an is a black belt under him...

Comment

actually...i just went to his schools site and to my surprise, he has the pics and a description up on a web page....

http://www.ctaikido.com/internal_energy.htm

Comment

No I don't. But I've been kicked in the balls when somebody was trying to sweep me and not feel it. I just get so pumped up when rolling or sparring that I don't feel pay. It's getting up out of bed when I feel pain.

Comment

gman - I think thats just adrenaline - Same **** happens to me - I was sparring last week I got caught real good with a thai kick on the inside of my thigh/knee and I felt nothing at all till I woke up the next day and now I've been limping for a week

For a lot of people, when your adrenaline is pumping you don't really feel much pain at all

Comment

No. I don't believe in it.

Comment

Not to discredit the theory but did anyone notice the time stamps on those pics? There was a good 20 minute window between the first pic and the last pic. He could have stuck his hand on a heater for a few minutes or something to warm it up.

I believe in superior technique that can be acquired over time. I don't believe in chi.

Comment

Originally posted by Deacon Frost
                    Not to discredit the theory but did anyone notice the time stamps on those pics? There was a good 20 minute window between the first pic and the last pic. He could have stuck his hand on a heater for a few minutes or something to warm it up.

I believe in superior technique that can be acquired over time. I don't believe in chi.
                    Good point. The only thing i can say as to why i believe it, is #1, i know the guy. #2 i;ve seen him first hand take an unopened deck of brand new playing cards, take the plastic wrap off them, take the deck from the box, rip the deck in half, and rip each half in half again. I've been trying for months to rip a deck in half to no avail. maybe he just has conditioned hands, i dunno lol. pretty cool **** to me anyhow. He doesnt seem to be the type to lie about anything so i doubt they are staged pics, but i guess you never know

Comment

Working...
                    X