No announcement yet.

Body Hunters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Hunters

I just watched the Gatti/Rodriguez fight (!!) which was turned around by some wicked bodywork. There's nothing quite like seeing someone crumple into a heap from a massive blow to the body (or an accumulation of body shots). Ali was a famous head hunter, but who liked to concentrate mostly on the body, and what are some memorable body knockouts?
    Last edited by McBean; 03-31-2011, 10:01 AM.

gatti - dorin is one of the cleanest one punch body shots i can remember

bute's got some for the highlight reel

micky ward is my favorite body snatcher personally. probably because i grew up on the north shore

cotto was a tremendous body puncher at 140 and many of his fights at 147

marquez does well to the body with the hooks and those funny little uppercuts of his. he also drops the right hand to his opponents side
    which is a very hard punch that goes unused today. ray robinson used to do it when guys would lean forward and roll a shoulder

i gotta run early today
    but i'm gonna add a few more when i get back from the daily grind

Comment

Mickey Ward was pretty average in a lot of ways but he was a wicked body puncher

Comment

McCallum, Chavez, Whitaker, Hearns.

Comment

Roberto Durans body attack on Davey Moore was sickening.

Two fights I watched last night to fall asleep to were Tyson-Ruddock 1 and Tyson-Biggs and the body shots were tremendous, sickening thuds.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Roberto Durans body attack on Davey Moore was sickening.

Two fights I watched last night to fall asleep to were Tyson-Ruddock 1 and Tyson-Biggs and the body shots were tremendous, sickening thuds.
            Good shout, I watched that the other day, I love that fight.

Comment

vassily jirov

Comment

Comment

The crushing shot Hatton landed on Castillo is pretty memorable also

Hopkins is another guy who works the body very well,less noticeable than other fighters however

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                    The crushing shot Hatton landed on Castillo is pretty memorable also

Hopkins is another guy who works the body very well,less noticeable than other fighters however
                    Ricky Hatton was a good body puncher. Used to rip some real good shots.

Use to love when he stepped to the right and throw the left hook to the pit of the stomach.

His fight with Urango was a clinic of body punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X