David Price - "I'm coming for the Wilder vs Fury winner."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Price - "I'm coming for the Wilder vs Fury winner."

Q - What did you make of Andy Ruiz JR's win over Anthony Joshua
    DP - I was slightly surprised to be honest. I didn't think that Andy possessed the power to knockout Joshua, but he did it with speed and volume. Joshua couldn't cope. I was disappointed for Joshua, but delighted for Andy, it just goes to show doesn't it? That anything can happen in the heavyweight division.

Q - What was wrong with Joshua's performance?
    DP - You know, it's easy to stand here and criticize, but, he just couldn't deal with the speed of Andy Ruiz Jr. And if you watch back to the Klitschko fight, when he put him down for the first time and went balls to the wall to finish the job, he gassed out and nearly got knocked out himself the same round, he did the exact same thing with Ruiz.

Q - Your fight with Dave Allen, how does it go?
    DP - You know what, I can't believe that I'm the 2-1 underdog against Dave, he hasn't beaten anyone anywhere near my level. Look, Lucas Browne, when he won the WBA regular championship, he would have smashed Dave Allen in half a round, he's too old and off drugs now, just not the same fighter. I'll be honest with ya, I think I take Allen out inside two rounds.

Q - Where will a win put you?
    DP - I think that, with me being such an exciting fighter to watch, that if I do it in style, which I will, I can get a fight with Dillian Whyte, It would be tough, but I'd win that fight, then Wilder or Fury. I fully believe that now that my mental state is right, that I can beat both these guys and go down as the real life Rocky story and best of my era. I haven't really lost a fight! I'm still an unbeaten fighter in my mind and that opinion is shared by many.

Q - Before we go on to discuss how a fight with either Wilder or Fury would go, as well as your take on the rematch, elaborate further on the statement that you feel that you are really unbeaten?

DP - Listen, we all know that Tony the Tiger Thompson was drugged up to his eyeballs. Both losses should have been changed to no contests, and in the rematch I had him on the floor for around 15 seconds anyway. The Teper loss was changed to a no contest, then overturned with no explanation given, again, another fighter on drugs, endangering the health of a superior fighter and man. The Hammer loss, it was like a sparring session, so easy, I won every round, had him down, then suddenly, I got tired, I realised that I hadn't slept the night before, you see, I had developed a bit of an addiction to Home and Away, the Australian soap drama, and I was watching it late night on demand 5, and I just couldn't stop. I got so tired in the ring that I just feel asleep on my feet. The Kuzmin fight was 4 rounds in, I'd won every round and had to pull out with an injured elbow. And we all saw what I did to Povetkin, the ropes stopped him falling out the ring and the referee should have stopped it then and there. So, I haven't really lost.

Q - The Fury vs Wilder rematch - How does it go?
    DP - Fury points or late stoppage, or Wilder stoppage at any time, you can't rule him out can you? He's the second hardest punching heavyweight in the history of boxing, behind me.

Q - How does a fight with you vs Fury go?
    DP - Tyson will come out dancing, slapping some jabs around and arm shots, pulling faces, moving around, being awkward. He'll win most the rounds, he's a master boxer, but once I land, he ain't getting up. Round 9 KO. Wilder and I will be a shootout, we'll trade knockdowns, but I just feel, with my superior ability, that I would get him out of there inside 6 rounds.

David Price was interviewed at a hot dog stand in London by journalist Martin T Roll.

I didn’t sleep well the night before so I never really lost? Has He been going to Kahn’s sports psychologist

Comment

He needs to focus on Dave Allen. I'm not very confident he gets past that fight.

Comment

"I've never lost a fight...really"

WTF?

Comment

Price never lost a fight? Braid damage detected.

Comment

lol @ ppl thinking this was a real interview, i didnt read it only saw the last line

'David Price was interviewed at a hot dog stand in London by journalist Martin T Roll''

Comment

Is this interview real was my first thought.?
              With price in the beginning people thought he had potential to be new lennox lewis. But we've found out he was overestimated.
              So why still talk of beating fury, Josh and wilder? In the beginning before he lost to Thompson absolutely would have put a few quid on.price. But that ships sailed now

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                lol @ ppl thinking this was a real interview, i didnt read it only saw the last line

'David Price was interviewed at a hot dog stand in London by journalist Martin T Roll''

Yes I think the last time Price was interviewed by this reporter, it may have been in 'The weather-spoons pub'.

Seems to hang out a lot in Pubs/Bars David Price.

Comment

Deontay will need a five or six month training camp, road work, strength and conditioning, hundreds of rounds of sparring. If he can perfect the jab and foot movement, he might be able to win some rounds and avoid the stone fists of David Price. What worries me even more than David's power is his superior engine and relentless work rate. Win, lose, or draw... if Deontay survives the full twelve rounds without getting badly hurt, that's a victory.

Comment

That would be a huge fight. It would unless it's Wilder; Because of it's Deontay then Price won't stand a chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X