No announcement yet.

GGG wasn't trying to KO Canelo!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG wasn't trying to KO Canelo!

Rewatched the fight and it's my strong opinion that GGG wasn't going for a KO win last night.

He wants a rematch with Canelo - because of the huge money involved - and the best way to ensure a rematch would be to win the fight on points without putting a bad beatdown beatdown on Canelo.

There is no way Canelo would have excercised his rematch clause if he'd got KTFO by GGG. That's why GGG just peppered Canelo with light shots when he had him up against the ropes, instead of uncorking the power like he usually does when he has a guy trapped.

He was looking to score points, not going for a KO!

No he was swinging with all his power and missing for no reason.

Comment

I felt the same way.

Comment

That's some serious cope

Comment

GGG won but come on now lol. For sure he wanted the ko...

Comment

It seems that excuses started already

Comment

He went for it and won. Judges got it wrong

Comment

So GGG was taking his chances on a decision in Vegas against Canelo? Seems legit

Comment

If he did that he deserved a draw and/or a lose. I didn't like all the talk of a trilogy coming from the camps. It sounded shady. IMO G didn't carry him but Canelo may not fight him again in the near future. If G didn't have a rematch clause he shot may have shot himself in the foot.
                  Last edited by TonyGe; 09-17-2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    If he did that he deserved a draw and/or a lose. I didn't like all the talk of a trilogy coming from the camps. It sounded shady. IMO G didn't carry him but Canelo may not fight him again in the near future. If G didn't have a rematch clause he shot may have shot himself in the foot.
                    GGG didn't have a rematch clause. Only Canelo has a rematch clause, and GGG needs him to use it, or he won't get another huge payday against an opponent he knows he can beat.

Comment

Working...
                    X