No announcement yet.

Creatine ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creatine ??

Would you say it would help with boxing training .My goals are to increas lower limb strength , fitness and stamina and also roadwork times for boxing .I don't want to gain size but increase strength and also for bagwork and sparring

I never used Creatine when I boxed, only for lifting. I've always responded well to Creatine, some people don't. Some people experience muscle cramps, so the advise is to make sure you get enough water.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing85 View Post
      Would you say it would help with boxing training .My goals are to increas lower limb strength , fitness and stamina and also roadwork times for boxing .I don't want to gain size but increase strength and also for bagwork and sparring
      I go one month on, one month off and I use it generally for my cardio/interval work. I have had great success with something called micronized Creatine. I don't like to lift with it due to the water retention and the fake look it gives your muscles but I definitely get an extra boost using it and staying hydrated. Especially now when I am working out twice a day.

Comment

Strength is acquired through training, not from a supplement.

So if you want a strong lower body. Start doing heavy squats, step ups, box jumps, pistols, depth jumps, Squat Jumps, Deadlifts, one legged SLDL's etc.

These exercises will improve your leg strength, power and explosiveness.
        Last edited by Jack3d; 10-12-2010, 11:50 AM.

Comment

I'm not a fan of any product that requires you to continually take it to maintain the performance you've gained whilst using it.

Expect a drop off in performance, strength or appearance of your physique when and if you do stop taking it.......and if you continue using it, hell its expensive over a calendar year.

I'm a great believer in natural training, natural foods and a good diet. Creatine will improve your performance taken in the correct doses, with the correct hydration and with a good exercise program.....but do you really want to feel that your gains are largely down to your creatine? And that when you stop taking it you will notice a dip? If you train really hard you'll feel much prouder of your fitness if you do it without creatine.

Its the closest thing to legal steroids for me. This might anger some, I'm more leanient when it comes to professional athletes using it.....as they can be expected to ride the system to the last legal millisecond. But for the average amateur/gym user or fitness enthusiast I'm not a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
            I'm not a fan of any product that requires you to continually take it to maintain the performance you've gained whilst using it.

Expect a drop off in performance, strength or appearance of your physique when and if you do stop taking it.......and if you continue using it, hell its expensive over a calendar year.

I'm a great believer in natural training, natural foods and a good diet. Creatine will improve your performance taken in the correct doses, with the correct hydration and with a good exercise program.....but do you really want to feel that your gains are largely down to your creatine? And that when you stop taking it you will notice a dip? If you train really hard you'll feel much prouder of your fitness if you do it without creatine.

Its the closest thing to legal steroids for me. This might anger some, I'm more leanient when it comes to professional athletes using it.....as they can be expected to ride the system to the last legal millisecond. But for the average amateur/gym user or fitness enthusiast I'm not a fan.
            Co-sign

Comment

You can easily say this about Water and Food

Comment

Originally posted by SwoleBiceps View Post
                You can easily say this about Water and Food

We need water and food to survive regardless of whether we take creatine.

Comment

We need water and food to survive regardless of whether we take creatine.
                  don't we need both to create creatine in our body as well my brother?

Comment

Hi Mate,

Our bodies develop testosterone and growth hormone too. Plus natural steroids. Its a bit different if we were buying these off the shelf to boost performance (all are banned in professional athletics testing), I wouldn't be too much of a fan of that either for the casual non professional competitor. Its just not natural.

Comment

Working...
                    X