No announcement yet.

Musta mga tol? Bigay kayo ng opinion nyo dito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musta mga tol? Bigay kayo ng opinion nyo dito

My parents used to tell me life was a lot better during the Marcos era...

I haven't had time to research on this and I think one of these days I will. Right now however, I believe what my sweet and loving parents say.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
      My parents used to tell me life was a lot better during the Marcos era...

I haven't had time to research on this and I think one of these days I will. Right now however, I believe what my sweet and loving parents say.
      same thing with my parents. the media loves to destroy the image of marcos specially abscbn since they owe a lot to cory but reality is, the Philippines was at its peak during the Marcos reign. magagawa pa kaya natin ibalik ung dati? tingin ko hindi na, cancer na estado ng lipunan natin

Comment

tang ina sa mga nakaupo ngayon anak ng puta kahit diyos pa ang umupo para bumait tao di mangyayare. bunganga palang ni kris aquino daig pa si obama sa pagiging magaling.

yung mga artista na bobo na andyan naka upo hamunin ng taga university school ng debate di mananalo eh. anak ng mga putang inang yan.

Comment

My perception is limited, but I was actively involved in those times:
          Marcos Before Martial Law, during Martial Law, the post 83 protests,
          the snap election, the EDSA revolution... to where we are now.

The video contains a lot of sugarcoating and distortion, as if all the
          unrest was sponsored by communist China. There was real hardship
          under Marcos --a lot of showcase infrastructure to impress foreigners
          against the backdrop of a steadily declining standard of living.

It's completely true that Apo would not have wanted Ninoy killed,
          but Ninoy was killed anyway, and by Marcos' agents. Change
          had to come.

It's laughable that the Peso-Dollar rate and rice self-sufficiency
          are touted as if they could be credited to Marcos, or that the
          claim is made that Ramos/Enrile "ordered" Cardinal Sin to call on
          the masses. After years of massive rallies in Luzon, Visayas and
          even Mindanao, any trigger would have worked. Ramos/Enrile
          just happened to be the trigger.

Were things better under Marcos? IMO, no.
          Kids today don't understand what it's like to live under the kind
          of control and power that Marcos had

Did Cory Aquino squander an opportunity to effect true change
          in a country that was desperate for it? IMO, yes and miserably.

Comment

nakakalungkot man isipin, yung sinasabi nilang democracy ang nagpalubog sa pilipinas. sana hindi nakialam si imelda, buhay pa sana si ninoy at napagpatuloy sana ang sinimulan ni marcos. lahat ng mga ginawa ni marcos noon ay hindi nabigyan ng magandang credit ng mga historians natin.

sa aking pananaw, sayang ang mga programa ni marcos na pagbabago sa pilipinas na nasira dahil sa pang-aabuso ng mga cronies na nagpasama sa imahe ni marcos.

magtanong kayo sa mga nakakatanda na naka witness ng martial law at sa unti-unting pag-alis nito. ang disiplina ng mga pilipino noong panahon na 'yon..

masama man sa loob ko na lisanin ang pilipinas, pero wala na akong makitang magandang kinabukasan sa mga susunod na henerasyon....nakakalungkot isipin na ang talino ng pilipino ay ginagamit sa pansariling interes...

Comment

nakakalungkot man isipin, yung sinasabi nilang democracy ang nagpalubog sa pilipinas. sana hindi nakialam si imelda, buhay pa sana si ninoy at napagpatuloy sana ang sinimulan ni marcos. lahat ng mga ginawa ni marcos noon ay hindi nabigyan ng magandang credit ng mga historians natin.

sa aking pananaw, sayang ang mga programa ni marcos na pagbabago sa pilipinas na nasira dahil sa pang-aabuso ng mga cronies na nagpasama sa imahe ni marcos.

magtanong kayo sa mga nakakatanda na naka witness ng martial law at sa unti-unting pag-alis nito. ang disiplina ng mga pilipino noong panahon na 'yon..

masama man sa loob ko na lisanin ang pilipinas, pero wala na akong makitang magandang kinabukasan sa mga susunod na henerasyon....nakakalungkot isipin na ang talino ng pilipino ay ginagamit sa pansariling interes...

Comment

Originally posted by horge View Post
                My perception is limited, but I was actively involved in those times:
                Marcos Before Martial Law, during Martial Law, the post 83 protests,
                the snap election, the EDSA revolution... to where we are now.

The video contains a lot of sugarcoating and distortion, as if all the
                unrest was sponsored by communist China. There was real hardship
                under Marcos --a lot of showcase infrastructure to impress foreigners
                against the backdrop of a steadily declining standard of living.

It's completely true that Apo would not have wanted Ninoy killed,
                but Ninoy was killed anyway, and by Marcos' agents. Change
                had to come.

It's laughable that the Peso-Dollar rate and rice self-sufficiency
                are touted as if they could be credited to Marcos, or that the
                claim is made that Ramos/Enrile "ordered" Cardinal Sin to call on
                the masses. After years of massive rallies in Luzon, Visayas and
                even Mindanao, any trigger would have worked. Ramos/Enrile
                just happened to be the trigger.

Were things better under Marcos? IMO, no.
                Kids today don't understand what it's like to live under the kind
                of control and power that Marcos had

Did Cory Aquino squander an opportunity to effect true change in a country that was desperate for it? IMO, yes and miserably.

...and because of her failure and subsequent catastrophes in governance by leaderships after her, the country was plunged deeper into poverty. Social deprivation is apparent anywhere you go. Corruption that used to be the exclusive domain of the higher ups is now prevalent even in the barangay level.

Very true, some claims in the video are sugar coated, but we couldn't discount the fact that the Marcos initiated and completed infrastructures are way more than what were built during the presidency of leaders from Cory to Gloria combined.

Every president after Marcos will claim they did better, who wouldn't?

I have a simple gauge of who really did better... The sentiment of ordinary people who lived through the Marcos era and succeeding presidents. Anywhere I go, people will say they had better lives during the Marcos era.

I urge all my parekoy here to go out in the countryside and ask ordinary people their opinions. Try it my friends... la patria.

By the way pareng Horge, the rice sufficiency can really be credited to Marcos.

ooppssssss... sorry poh mga parekoy sa kaunting politics. Hehe buhay kasi ng mga anak natin nakasalalay.
                Last edited by Dale Cardon; 10-20-2011, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BABYBOXER View Post

In retrospect, talagang may mga pananagutan yung Imelda at ang kanyang mga kaibigan. Sila lang ang nagpapasasa sa karangyaan ng mga panahon na yon.

Ang masasabi ko lang naman ay dahil sa takot ang mga ordinaryong mga opisyales ng pamahalaan kay Marcos, hindi sila makaporma ng todo sa pangungurakot... Kaya ang kurakot noon ay exclusive domain ng nasa itaas. kumbaga sa karerang kabayo... pigil ang kabayo, hindi makatakbo ng todo dahil sa hinete.

Pero ngayon, all out ang lahat sa pangungurakot. Every man for himself sa kurakutan. Wala ng kinakakatakutan. Nabibili ng may pera ang kapulisan, mga piskalya, at mga hurado. Kakalungkot talaga ang lawak ng kurapsyon ngayon.

Comment

san opinion ni manong kads dito?

anyways

our republic is very young. give it a chance. we all deserve it.

Comment

Working...
                    X