No announcement yet.

PACQUIAO: "Prevention of Marriage is better than Divorce."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fights. View Post
    Yesterday, Malta passed the divorce law.
    Philippines is now the last country in the world without a divorce law.

A divorce bill is now in Philippines congress.
    Philippines congress will debate about it tomorrow.

Philippines president say yes to remarriage after legal separation.
    The congress leader is in favor.
    The church is against.

Should Philippines join the world in having a divorce law?

According to Pacquiao:

"Prevention of Marriage is better than Divorce."
    Source: link

Wow !! Below is the link you just posted and nowhere in it that Pacquiao ever mentioned "prevention of marriage".....
    You just twisted his words

Pacquiao says no to divorce bill
    by RG Cruz, ABS-CBN News
    Posted at 05/30/2011 6:25 PM | Updated as of 05/30/2011 6:25 PM

MANILA, Philippines - Sarangani Rep. Manny Pacquiao on Monday took a conservative stand against the divorce bill on the heels of Malta’s referendum on divorce over the weekend.
    In a chance interview with reporters, the pugilist-boxer said he is against it as he underscored the importance of the family as an institution.
    When asked about couples who can no longer make a marriage work, Pacquiao said this is why people should not rush into marriage and instead think very hard about it before marrying anyone.
    Pacquiao's stand is similar to his conservative stand against the Reproductive Health (RH) Bill.
    Last edited by Amazinger; 05-31-2011, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
      For me, Marriage is first and foremost a CIVIL CONTRACT between two individuals...not the church. And due by the SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE, the church shouldn't have a voice on law matters...

It isn't the church getting married and the 2 individuals who have personal liberty and choices. Pakialamero ang chuch natin....

So in that light, divorce should be allowed. What's the use if marriage isn't working? It is easy to say that "then why get married?" question but no one would know ahead of time.

Marriage is an everyday challenge but if choice was there to "marry" then there's a choice to "un-marry". And "marry" others...

If you feel that the person you're going to marry is not really the one then why marry?.
      First of all we all know that the Philippines do not have a divorce law.Why marry in the church then.Get a civil marriage instead.
      If the marriage no longer work couple can always separate.

Comment

For me, Marriage is first and foremost a CIVIL CONTRACT between two individuals...not the church. And due by the SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE, the church shouldn't have a voice on law matters...

It isn't the church getting married and the 2 individuals who have personal liberty and choices. Pakialamero ang chuch natin....

So in that light, divorce should be allowed. What's the use if marriage isn't working? It is easy to say that "then why get married?" question but no one would know ahead of time.

Marriage is an everyday challenge but if choice was there to "marry" then there's a choice to "un-marry". And "marry" others...

"What God has put together, let no man put asunder."

Ang tingin ko dito ay mahalaga sa Amang Dios ang kasal. Otherwise, hindi ito babanggitin sa bibilia.

Sa lahat ng mga "social gatherings" ng tao, ang kasal lamang ang nabanggit sa biblia na dinaluhan ng Panginoon Jesukristo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post
          "What God has put together, let no man put asunder."

Ang tingin ko dito ay mahalaga sa Amang Dios ang kasal. Otherwise, hindi ito babanggitin sa bibilia.

Sa lahat ng mga "social gatherings" ng tao, ang kasal lamang ang nabanggit sa biblia na dinaluhan ng Panginoon Jesukristo.
          Not all marriages were "put together by God"....if the guy beats up the woman, abuses her or go womanizing, is that by God? Sorry, it's not.

That marriage will not work, simply put.

Wedding vows with spirituality was an addendum, in my honest opinion. So it is simple...if the marriage works, there's harmony and harmonious with God's intent for us and our children.

But if it doesn't, it simply doesn't. I would rather see see children growing up with harmony and seeing their parents bring them up, otherwise, there's a lot of violence going on, abuses and then some in our society.

Can you convince battered women to stay put in their marriage? I'm sorry, that is not by God.

Comment

Originally posted by Amazinger View Post
            If you feel that the person you're going to marry is not really the one then why marry?.
            First of all we all know that the Philippines do not have a divorce law.Why marry in the church then.Get a civil marriage instead.
            If the marriage no longer work couple can always separate.

I agree with you bro, meron ng legal separation at anulment bat kailangan pa ng divorce?

takaw abuso kasi yang divorce at knowing pinoys abusado tayo, sigurado mauuso ang quickie marriages and prenup aggrements ...

Comment

actually tol ako personal choice ko na I dont want divorce sa pinas, meron na tayong legal separation at annulment, sa tingin ko itong dalawa na ito ang dapat nilang improve and not add another option ...

Comment

Not all marriages were "put together by God"....if the guy beats up the woman, abuses her or go womanizing, is that by God? Sorry, it's not.

That marriage will not work, simply put.

Wedding vows with spirituality was an addendum, in my honest opinion. So it is simple...if the marriage works, there's harmony and harmonious with God's intent for us and our children.

But if it doesn't, it simply doesn't. I would rather see see children growing up with harmony and seeing their parents bring them up, otherwise, there's a lot of violence going on, abuses and then some in our society.

Can you convince battered women to stay put in their marriage? I'm sorry, that is not by God.
                tingin ko such a law should not be decided by a selected few (congress & senate) dapat it should be decide by the people tulad nung sa Malta via referendum, let the people vote, as an individual I may not agree with the law but will follow the rule of the majority ...

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                  tingin ko such a law should not be decided by a selected few (congress & senate) dapat it should be decide by the people tulad nung sa Malta via referendum, let the people vote, as an individual I may not agree with the law but will follow the rule of the majority ...
                  I am in favor of referendum. I guarantee you, divorce will pass, just like in Malta if there is a referendum. Most women favor a divorce law from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Fights. View Post
                    I am in favor of referendum. I guarantee you, divorce will pass, just like in Malta if there is a referendum. Most women favor a divorce law from happening.

dapat nga sana referendum na lang, let the people decide, pero would it ever go that way satin ...

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                      dapat nga sana referendum na lang, let the people decide, pero would it ever go that way satin ...
                      BREAKING NEWS: 54% of Filipino In Favor of Divorce Law - SWS Survey

Source: Abs-CBN

Comment

Working...
                      X