No announcement yet.

The open faith thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The open faith thread

Inorder to liberate ourselves from the pangs of the "RELIGION THREAD" that turned into a propagandaic Christian-centric and Christian-exclusive thread of James307, I would like make this a thread of our different "paniniwala".

What's the purpose? It is not to vilify James but to get back our humanity that is suppressed within his own version of Christianity. As a visual artist myself, I'd say that it is ok to express and explore ourselves.

Growing up with an Ilocano father, there's many pamahiin from the usage of "fire" to "burn" the bad energy coming from the funeral service (he would burn a rolled-up-ball of newspaper and with his hand motion as if "washing" his body from the fires - I asked him as a curious kid, he said:

• it is for burning the fires of the negative energy attached to our body and emotion

I shrugged it off as superstition. THen I've read many stories of our katutubo wherein before cutting down trees, they would offer food for the spirits or the "anito". At that young age I also dismissed it as "superstition".

Growing up in a quasi-hardcore Notre Dame of Manila in an all-boys school, I was primed to be a priest. Then coming here to the USA, I did my researches of the Summa Theologiae and took one year of seminarian...

Then I goofed off...hehhe

30 some years later...now that I have delved into meditations of the taoists and buddhists...and later with the Hindus. I have been practicing rare Chi Kung and Nei Kung standing and sitting meditations from the TEmpley Style Tai Chi Chuan, it has been healing me. And my father too who was once a victim of a stroke that led him towards partial paralysis. Tai Chi softened the blow and had him do tai chi with me in the hospital for one month.

He is now back to normal...and both of us as visual artist have been practicing it everyday. For 15 years on me...now my 13 year old son also have been doing this since he was 5 years old to alleviate his ADHD symptoms. He does his everyday too...

At any rate, due to these wonderful experiences, I've gone deep into the taoist traditions and experienced epiphany, realizing that all of us are the same. And the same Ilocano "superstition" that I have previously dismissed eons ago, does make sense already now that I am a student and practitioner of internal energy and meditations.

Now I am looking into the native American traditions and meditations as well...

Thus this thread is for us, our own personal quest towards spirituality. I consider myself as a very loosely-defined Catholic who now practices taoism, buddhism, hinduism and reading up on kabbalah and islam.

One thing I've noticed are the wonderful unique expressions of different cultures that are compatible with Christ's message of oneness. Sans the politics and of the usual "MY RELIGION IS BETTER THAN YOURS", let's hear it from different "paniniwala" and experiences.

Let's not compete and rather share it....after all, we're all the children of God.

PEACE. Kapayapaan mula sa puso. (and yes that goes to you too James307 as I promise not to derail and hijack your RELIGION THREAD)

I have many tai chi experiences that I will share later...pertaining to the martial arts. As I am also a student of Bruce Lee's Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do previously and the many FMA (kali/escrima/arnis) that led me to boxing.

Nice Thread Fabie

and very good opening post

I also consider myself as a 'loosely defined catholic' but unlike you i still havent experience the other forms of faith like Hinduism and Buddism. What i was able to do however is study the different 'subdivisions' of the Christian faith like INC, Sevent day adventist, Saksi, etc.

I would say without hesitation that i have a personal relationship with GOD i know it is based on faith but so many things have happened in my life that i know for sure they're blessings from GOD.

Your view have opened many things for me specially Jesus' whereabouts at age 13 to 32 and some of the practices of Buddhism and Hinduism.

but at this point my belief is the 'only' way is through Christ our Lord the son of GOD. and the other avenues are just EXCEPTIONS

Pre post ka dito

http://forum.philboxing.com/viewforu...cfe4d79a0d802b

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
      Nice Thread Fabie

and very good opening post

I also consider myself as a 'loosely defined catholic' but unlike you i still havent experience the other forms of faith like Hinduism and Buddism. What i was able to do however is study the different 'subdivisions' of the Christian faith like INC, Sevent day adventist, Saksi, etc.

I would say without hesitation that i have a personal relationship with GOD i know it is based on faith but so many things have happened in my life that i know for sure they're blessings from GOD.

Your view have opened many things for me specially Jesus' whereabouts at age 13 to 32 and some of the practices of Buddhism and Hinduism.

but at this point my belief is the 'only' way is through Christ our Lord the son of GOD. and the other avenues are just EXCEPTIONS

Pre post ka dito

http://forum.philboxing.com/viewforu...cfe4d79a0d802b
      Salamat sa welcome mo tol....

And thanks for sharing your beliefs likewise. As Filipinos, we're more than likely to be Christian but because of the brainwashing we also have forgotten our old culture that isn't necessarily "Bad" - much of that propaganda is from the Spanish Conquistadors using Catholicism in absolving us of our sins inorder to conquer us.

And thus our "anito" culture of the Pre-Spanish era should also be considered. Many Christians, it not all, have absorbed their colloquial and local flavors into it. Much like the Mexicans and their Aztecas and Mayan culture....ours can be said in that way too.

And yes about Christ's missing documentations between around 13 to 32, where was it?

Well I've encountered also this Russian book, (someone borrowed it and didn't return, dang it!) hehehe....it's about this Russian traveller to Tibet in the mid 1800s. He was injured in the mountain ranges and was discovered by the Tibetan Monks.

He was brought to Lhasa, Tibet...the capital up in the mountains and was nursed, fed and helped. When he finally get to go around, he was astounded as to what he found:

• a vast library that would probably even rival Vatican!

Much of those were burned now by the Chinese Maoists during their communist propaganda but at the time, that Russian traveller (actually a rich explorer) wandered in the library and found books of ISSA.

ISSA is the same name the Muslims and Hindus call Jesus/Yeshua/Issa as documentations of him being there. There were paintings of him preaching with the children! And in India, they found footprints of ISSA with an inscribed name in it too!

And so he asked the monks who this ISSA was and told him stories of this wonderful sage from Jerusalem. The Tibetans also kept stories of ISSA and his mother Mary (mama) and his ESSENE CULTURE, the subsect Jewish culture where Jesus came from.

It is a mystical (quasi-Kabbalism - which is also a subsect Jewish mystical culture) culture wherein people knows healing, deep spirituality and then some! Christ came from the ESSENES whom was documented by the Tibetans!

And the Muslims also documented ISSA and about 10 years ago or less released their own version of JESUS in this movie (have yet seen it but would love to and forgot the title)...

In other words, outside the Christian bible - there lies documentations of JESUS/ISSA in India, Tibet and the Persia before going back to Jerusalem (Palm Sunday) when he was about to be crucified...

Will continue later...

Comment

ako sa totoo lang hindi ako relihiyosong tao. dumating din ako sa point na talagang kinalimutan ko ang panginoon. talagang di na ako naniniwala. nuon nasa akin ang lahat. magandang buhay, magagandang anak, magandang bahay, magandang asawa at magandang pamilya na lage sumusuporta sakin. lahat yan tinake for granted ko. di ako humingi ng pasalamat at ni minsan nuong nasa akin ang lahat di ako bumisita sa simbahan. kahit mga anak ko at asawa ko di ko inencourage sa mga religion. ngayon lahat yan nawala sa akin. naguho ang buhay ko dahil sa puro pasarap. marame ang nagsasabe sa akin na kailangan ko magdasal at humingi ng guidance. sa totoo lang wala naman ako pinipili na religion dahil sa tingin ko basta dumiretso ka sa diyos at makipag usap ng maayos eh madidinig din niya ang iyong dasal. nung nagka prublema kami ng asawa ko gulong gulo ako nun. halos makapatay ako ng tao at kahit pamilya ko at sarili ko muntik na masawe. nung maghiwalay kame nagdasal ako na sana kahit sandale ulit maging ok kami ng asawa ko. kahit di na nya ako balikan basta maging maayos lang kami ok na. nagdasal ako mabuti nuon at kinabukasan lang naging ok na sa akin ang asawa ko. di kami nagka balikan pero ok kami. nung mga times na ok kami nakalimut nanaman ako ng pagdadasal. kaya ayun binawe nanaman sakin. magulo nanaman ang lagay namin ngayon at eto hirap na hirap ako. nagdadasal ako ulit at sana pakinggan ako ulit para maging maayos nanaman ang buhay ko. simple lang naman ang hiling ko. ang hiling ko lang na sana maging umayos na ulit ang buhay ko, ang mga bata sana laging malagay sa mabuti at ang asawa ko sana maging masaya na din siya. hiniling ko na sana magkabalikan kami pero di ko na alam kung maibibigay pa yun dahil baka iba ang plano ng diyos sa amin. tama din talaga ang sabi nila na kapag walang dasal walang direction. sa ngayon naniniwala na ako dun. iniisip ko lang kung talaga bang dapat magsimba ako o ok lang ba na talagang dumiretso na ako sa kanya? sana na matulungan parin ako ng panginoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Sybian View Post
          ako sa totoo lang hindi ako relihiyosong tao. dumating din ako sa point na talagang kinalimutan ko ang panginoon. talagang di na ako naniniwala. nuon nasa akin ang lahat. magandang buhay, magagandang anak, magandang bahay, magandang asawa at magandang pamilya na lage sumusuporta sakin. lahat yan tinake for granted ko. di ako humingi ng pasalamat at ni minsan nuong nasa akin ang lahat di ako bumisita sa simbahan. kahit mga anak ko at asawa ko di ko inencourage sa mga religion. ngayon lahat yan nawala sa akin. naguho ang buhay ko dahil sa puro pasarap. marame ang nagsasabe sa akin na kailangan ko magdasal at humingi ng guidance. sa totoo lang wala naman ako pinipili na religion dahil sa tingin ko basta dumiretso ka sa diyos at makipag usap ng maayos eh madidinig din niya ang iyong dasal. nung nagka prublema kami ng asawa ko gulong gulo ako nun. halos makapatay ako ng tao at kahit pamilya ko at sarili ko muntik na masawe. nung maghiwalay kame nagdasal ako na sana kahit sandale ulit maging ok kami ng asawa ko. kahit di na nya ako balikan basta maging maayos lang kami ok na. nagdasal ako mabuti nuon at kinabukasan lang naging ok na sa akin ang asawa ko. di kami nagka balikan pero ok kami. nung mga times na ok kami nakalimut nanaman ako ng pagdadasal. kaya ayun binawe nanaman sakin. magulo nanaman ang lagay namin ngayon at eto hirap na hirap ako. nagdadasal ako ulit at sana pakinggan ako ulit para maging maayos nanaman ang buhay ko. simple lang naman ang hiling ko. ang hiling ko lang na sana maging umayos na ulit ang buhay ko, ang mga bata sana laging malagay sa mabuti at ang asawa ko sana maging masaya na din siya. hiniling ko na sana magkabalikan kami pero di ko na alam kung maibibigay pa yun dahil baka iba ang plano ng diyos sa amin. tama din talaga ang sabi nila na kapag walang dasal walang direction. sa ngayon naniniwala na ako dun. iniisip ko lang kung talaga bang dapat magsimba ako o ok lang ba na talagang dumiretso na ako sa kanya? sana na matulungan parin ako ng panginoon.

Bobby

Mas importante personal na relasyon sa panginoon. Basa ka Bible pre kumbaga dapat me reference

ok din magsimba sempre.

Comment

Bobby

Mas importante personal na relasyon sa panginoon. Basa ka Bible pre kumbaga dapat me reference

ok din magsimba sempre.
            oo nga eh parang mas comfortable ako kung diretso ako sa kanya. tinry ko mag basa ng bible inaantok ako agad. ever since naman kahit di bible di ko talaga hilig mag basa.

ok lang naman magsimba eh kaso ang prublema ko sa catholic parang masyado seryosohan ang simba. sinubukan ko naman sa mga bible study sa experience ko yung mga pastor engot din ang pagtuturo. tinry ko sa christian or methodist church ok din kahit panu kasi medyo light lang ang dating at mas close ang mga tao sa isa't isa.

Comment

oo nga eh parang mas comfortable ako kung diretso ako sa kanya. tinry ko mag basa ng bible inaantok ako agad. ever since naman kahit di bible di ko talaga hilig mag basa.

ok lang naman magsimba eh kaso ang prublema ko sa catholic parang masyado seryosohan ang simba. sinubukan ko naman sa mga bible study sa experience ko yung mga pastor engot din ang pagtuturo. tinry ko sa christian or methodist church ok din kahit panu kasi medyo light lang ang dating at mas close ang mga tao sa isa't isa.

Komiks basahin mo yung me mga illustrations tapos sa ibaba nandun kung saang talata.

validate mo lang kung nasa bible nga yung turo. hehehe

mahirap gumaan ang buhay pag wala ispiritual na buhay. lufet nga ng mga ATHEIST eh mantakin mo walang supreme being???? ampotah mas nakakasira ng ulo yun.

Comment

Komiks basahin mo yung me mga illustrations tapos sa ibaba nandun kung saang talata.

validate mo lang kung nasa bible nga yung turo. hehehe

mahirap gumaan ang buhay pag wala ispiritual na buhay. lufet nga ng mga ATHEIST eh mantakin mo walang supreme being???? ampotah mas nakakasira ng ulo yun.
                bro sa totoo lang depende dan sa pagkatao eh. tignan mo ang new zealanders mababait sila na mga tao pero di sila relihiyoso. kaya ko nalaman yun kasi may mga kamag anak ako dun. maayos naman ang buhay nila at yung mga kakilala nila mababait din at masayahin. siguro talagang malakas lang ang pagkatao nila.

Comment

bro sa totoo lang depende dan sa pagkatao eh. tignan mo ang new zealanders mababait sila na mga tao pero di sila relihiyoso. kaya ko nalaman yun kasi may mga kamag anak ako dun. maayos naman ang buhay nila at yung mga kakilala nila mababait din at masayahin. siguro talagang malakas lang ang pagkatao nila.
                  ba't na ban si Miron_lang dito, moderator sa Pacland yan. kala ko rule abider yun, tarantado din pala.

Comment

Originally posted by jrsanti0806 View Post
                    ba't na ban si Miron_lang dito, moderator sa Pacland yan. kala ko rule abider yun, tarantado din pala.
                    LOL

ano name mo sa Pacland pre? hehehehe

Comment

Working...
                    X