48÷2(9+3)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order of operations

Comment

• Ngek...kasama pala si lebrick sa mga originals na nag-boycott sa MABs....LOL! Mahirap humabol sa paiba-iba nang pangalan.

Comment

• That so many people keep citing "order of operations" as to why it's 2 shows that this method taught in schools is faulty. You reading this educators?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
          That so many people keep citing "order of operations" as to why it's 2 shows that this method taught in schools is faulty. You reading this educators?
          LOUD and CLEAR!!!!

The problem is I don't teach that kind of math hahaha. I'm into higher math.

Comment

• Originally posted by kadyo View Post
            LOUD and CLEAR!!!!

so you think it's 288 right?

Anyway, pre' what kind of math do you teach? And where do you teach?

Comment

• yung sa excel kasi, dapat naka specific yung mga parenthesis. To make sure na yung 2 mag multiply muna sa sum ng (9+3), dapat ganito ang formula na ipindot: +48/(2*(9+3)). This will tell excel na yung 2*(9+3) ang unang combination.

Comment

• yung mga math at accounting experts na nakakakuha ng 288, sigurado mga yan kukunin ng mafia at ng mga 5/6. Para malakas ang kita dahil ang laki ng tubo!

Comment

• Originally posted by fabie View Post
                  so you think it's 288 right?

Anyway, pre' what kind of math do you teach? And where do you teach?
                  Yeah, note that I also thought at first that the answer was 2 until I realize my mistake. I think I put enough inputs for people to read on why the correct answer is 288. Note also my conversation with lebrick, even old model casios give an answer of 2 hahaha while a recent model gave an answer of 288.

I teach algebra, trigonometry, math of investment, calculus, operations research, probability, statistics and other tertiary math subjects.

Comment

• hmmm yeah 288 is right

removing the x or * one tends to just assume its an integer itself to deal with... but since when you write it out you do do it L to R

my guess at least

Comment

• Originally posted by kadyo View Post
                      LOUD and CLEAR!!!!

yeah, im so far removed from simple algebra and used to doing math that I WRITE out in calculations that it somewhat tricks the mind

Comment

Working...
                      X