This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    the Dominican Republic beat Puerto Rico today i'm not mad doe hurt a little lol!

So Dominican Republic plays Netherlands on Monday for the championship we play Japan tomorrow for third place if we win...regardless we've never been this far so i'm proud of my Island anyways out of 16 teams 3rd place is not bad

War Puerto Rico!!!
    So the dominicans are going to face the dutch for the championships, hope carlos santana win it all haha.

Still, congrats to the ricans for making it this far. Japan and South Korea are the baseball powers here in asia. We used to be the best in asia a long time ago but very few pinoys are following the sports here now, it's all basketball for us despite our being midgets. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by kadyo View Post
      So the dominicans are going to face the dutch for the championships, hope carlos santana win it all haha.

Still, congrats to the ricans for making it this far. Japan and South Korea are the baseball powers here in asia. We used to be the best in asia a long time ago but very few pinoys are following the sports here now, it's all basketball for us despite our being midgets. LOL
      ^^^

Comment

• magandang umaga/tanghali/hapon/gabi sa lahat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
          I am not sure who got confused here but you did compare rpg to an under-barrel grenade launcher… both MT72 and the AT4 are stand alone anti tank weapons and are not under-barrel launchers. So, I surmised you are referring to the M203 (40mm) since it is an under-barrel grenade launcher.

Anyhow, m203 and rpg comparison is not bad at all. I am sure you are aware that both are considered caliber 40mm, and that these two weapon systems are design for two different purposes . . . one is light anti-tank and the other is basically anti-personnel.

However, in many weapon discussions by experts, these two are always being compared in terms of functionality. This may be so, because they are commonly used at squad level by both the coalition forces and insurgents in Iraq and Afghanistan.

You mentioned something about firepower of the 40mm being inadequate (in firepower?)compared to the RPG. I think you are referring to ‘explosive charge’ here. In such case, RPG definitely has more explosive charge but many in the military consider the M203 superior in firepower.

If explosive charge is the basis, RPG vs. M72/AT4 is bad comparison too since the latter has more explosive charge and is able to penetrate heavy armor while Rpg7 is a weapon system against light armor.

You said that RPG is the cause of more trouble to the US military than any type of weapon. The truth is Rocket-propelled grenades, a fearsome looking weapon, have been the least deadly of the common insurgent arms, killing comparatively few soldiers (6% to 7%) out of the total coalition casualties. The number one cause of soldiers’ deaths is direct bullet hits followed by IEDs.

The RPG-7’s nearest US military equivalent, the AT4 (M136) is not carried or used in the same prodigious manner by US troops. Same rules for why one cannot compare the M203 against its nearest equivalent, the Russian made GP-25 and BG-15 grenade launchers because not only are they not used widely by Islamist insurgents, they are too similar to the M203.

In spite of them not being comparable in explosive charges, allow me to match up the M203 against RPG-7, two different weapons (grenade launcher vs. rocket propelled grenade) first because you want to know which weapon is better in jungle warfare and because they are very common at squad level.

Advantages of M203 over the RPG7:
          1) One soldier can operate it without assistance.
          2) The M203 does not require a clear space behind the user to compensate for back-blast.
          3) The M203 does not have a huge smoke trail or bright blue muzzle flash.
          4) M203s can launch a wider variety of grenades- HE, HEDP, smoke, illumination, buckshot. The RPG has lethal anti-armor and anti-personnel rounds, but no marker or obscurant shots.
          5) One soldier can carry more rounds (24) in his vest, while the RPG backpack carries about four.
          6) The M203 gunner can still use his M16/M4/AR15, while RPG gunners rarely can carry a rifle at the same time as the launcher and its PGs.
          7) The M203 can lob shells in the direct and indirect fire mode; the RPG is capable of indirect fire but very inaccurate because it has no quadrant sight.

Advantages of RPG-7V over the M203 because:
          1) It has greater range.
          2) It can destroy vehicles, fortified positions and even choppers with greater ease than 40mm M203 rounds.

amfufu... alam ba ito ni sod? Bumili sila ng sangkatkutak nito ah. May official study ba dito ang mga sf ng ibangcountries?
          Last edited by Dale Cardon; 03-16-2013, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              virgin oil? ano yun?

pawis ni lebrick o led?
              how you wish...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post
                amfufu... alam ba ito ni sod? Bumili sila ng sangkatkutak nito ah. May official study ba dito ang mga sf ng ibangcountries?
                what's amfufu? sod?

rpg-7 is very effective.

i've seen some studies estimate it cost 50% of usa casualties in afghanistan. RPG-7 is responsible for most aircraft losses as well from iraq/afghanistan as well.

i don't know where he got those numbers, there's so many stats/studies, but numbers can be deceiving.

example:

if i blow up a vehicle with a rpg but no casualties, was it still not effective?

if i use rpg to scare off helicopters, i don't shoot one down but stopped/delayed it landing troops, was it not effective?

if i use rpg volley to cover my retreat and it slows my pursuers even though no casualties, was it not effective?

number of kills doesn't determine effectiveness. not every insurgent has an rpg. everyone has a rifle. of course their casualty numbers will be more.

it's a good weapon. better than its u.s. counterparts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                  what's amfufu? sod?

rpg-7 is very effective.

i've seen some studies estimate it cost 50% of usa casualties in afghanistan. RPG-7 is responsible for most aircraft losses as well from iraq/afghanistan as well.

i don't know where he got those numbers, there's so many stats/studies, but numbers can be deceiving.

example:

if i blow up a vehicle with a rpg but no casualties, was it still not effective?

if i use rpg to scare off helicopters, i don't shoot one down but stopped/delayed it landing troops, was it not effective?

if i use rpg volley to cover my retreat and it slows my pursuers even though no casualties, was it not effective?

number of kills doesn't determine effectiveness. not every insurgent has an rpg. everyone has a rifle. of course their casualty numbers will be more.

it's a good weapon. better than its u.s. counterparts.

ok, if you say so ... you are the expert

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale Cardon View Post
                    alam... tuwid but madilim na daan siguro hehe. Israeli developed version kaya ok na rin.

lahat figures alam. Pati yung bagong 40mm na pwedeng programmable na sabog sa ere effectively increasing the kill area to 180m, nakita din at nademo. Kaka P, Chu, Sy bros, and RM Inc were there.

C of NDC wasn't impressed though.

Comment

• Originally posted by kadyo View Post

naalala mo prof yung mga bata daw na baseball players na pinadala ng pinas sa tate at naging champion?

Lumabas na mga datan na pala yung mga players natin... kahihiyang katakot takot inabot ng pinas hehe.
                      Last edited by Daniel Alpha; 03-17-2013, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X