X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lebrick View Post
    expert would say its placebo effect..

kaya nga karaniwan sinasabi ng manggagamot na wag magpagamot kung di ka naniniwala.. gagaling ka lang kung naniniwala ka..
    naiitindihan ko yung placebo effect pero pano ma explain yung energy/vibration/heat na nangagaling dun sa kamay na mararamdaman from mere touch of the forehead?

Comment

yep..minsan spirit of the coin..
      I never tried it myself pero bata pako dun sa bahay namin dati na may nagpaparamdam nag spirit of the glass yung parent ko at iba pa naming relatives...

Comment

• Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
        naiitindihan ko yung placebo effect pero pano ma explain yung energy/vibration/heat na nangagaling dun sa kamay na mararamdaman from mere touch of the forehead?
        Pareng joma basa ka ng mga articles ni jaime licauco gaya neto which I just pick at random.

Reading ‘the soul of things’

By Jaime T. Licauco

Philippine Daily InquirerDateFirst Posted 22:05:00 04/26/2011

I STARTED out in the mid-?70s as a complete skeptic about psychic or paranormal phenomenon. Having studied and taught philosophy and logic, I tended to question everything that did not have any logical explanation. But I also had an insatiable search for knowledge, especially outside conventional science and religion.

I?ve heard of such things as telepathy, clairvoyance, telekinesis. and others, but I never heard of a psychic ability called psychometry, or the ability to read objects touched or held by people. I thought this was mere superstition, with no rational basis.

How I came to believe in psychometric reading came as a result of a psychic task, or games given to me by a fellow psychic researcher named Tonypet Araneta, scion of a well-known family in the Philippines, who was jailed by then President Marcos because of his Marxist leanings.

In jail, Tonypet met another Marxist, Dr. Jesus Lava, a theoretician of the Communist Movement. After their release, they embarked on personal research into the phenomena of faith healing and psychic surgery.

Despite my protestations that I had no psychic ability at all, and in fact was even skeptical about such things, Tonypet would conduct spontaneous and informal psychic experiments on me.

A special pen

One time, he invited me for dinner at Swiss Inn in Manila. When he came, he told me, ?Jimmy, I want to conduct an experiment with you. I have here four pens, and one of them is special. I am going to hand them over to you one at a time. Then tell me which is the pen I am looking for.?

I told him, ?What? How do you expect me to do that?? But he insisted in conducting the experiment with me. And so, just to humor him, I held each pen. When I held the fourth pen, I told Tonypet, ?Okay, this is the one you are looking for,? which turned out to be correct.

?How did you know that?? he asked me incredulously. ?I don?t know,? I replied, ?When I held that fourth pen, it felt different from the others. What?s so special about this pen anyway?? I asked him. ?Nothing really. It just belonged to a friend of mine who just died. ?

I told him he shouldn?t have done that, although I did not know then the psychic danger he had put me in. You see, that simple process could have led to my being possessed if the person who owned it had been earthbound and highly negative.

Anyway, I immediately dismissed the whole thing as mere coincidence.

But the next experiment he did with me a few weeks afterward could not be dismissed as easily. This took place in his condominium in Baguio city. Having nothing to do one evening, Tonypet again thought of conducting another impromptu experiment with me.

?Jimmy,? he said, ?I want to know if you have any psychic connection with Marcos.? I told him I have no interest at all in politics and would not care about Marcos or any politician. Again, he was insistent. ?All I want you to do is to sit down with your eyes closed. I will place one book after another on your lap. All you have to do is place your hand on top of the book and tell me which one is about Marcos.?

I was hesitant to do this because I was convinced I had no psychic ability at all. But then, I was also very curious to know if I would succeed in this task.

He placed the books one by one on my lap, and I put my right hand on top of the cover with my eyes completely closed. When he placed the fifth book on my lap and I touched it, I said, ?This is the book about Marcos.? And when I opened my eyes, the book was a biography of Marcos. If I recall correctly, the book was ?For every Tear a Victory.?

?Tell me what you feel?

Other books he placed on my lap were a Webster?s Dictionary, a thick novel, even the Bible.

I was quite shocked. I couldn?t believe it. I was still wondering how I did that when Tonypet said, ?Now, with your eyes closed, open the book at random to any page, and then place your hand on top of that page. Tell me what you feel.?

Much encouraged by my success, I readily agreed. I opened the book with eyes closed and placed my hand on that page. After a few seconds, I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my body, and then I saw blood. I opened my eyes and read what was on that page. It talked about the time Ferdinand Marcos was shot as a guerilla soldier. There was indeed blood!

It was, for me, an incredible feat which I could no longer attribute to mere coincidence. My mind struggled for an explanation. And I found out that what I did was called psychometry. I then read as much as I could about this psychic ability, and discovered it had been studied thoroughly by a physician named Dr. Joseph Rhodes Buchanan in 1800 and by a geologist named Dr. William Deuton in a book with the intriguing title ?The Soul of Things,? published in 1850.

Comment

• Mahilig akong magbasa ng mga articles ng taong to nung 20's to 30's at lagi kong inaabangan ang mga articles nya every Thursday sa inquirer ko pero hindi na ngayon masyado. Tsambahan na lang.

INNER AWARENESS

She lives with the supernatural

By Jaime Licauco

Philippine Daily InquirerDateFirst Posted 22:05:00 03/22/2011

HERE?S AN intriguing letter from a Cagayan de Oro reader. Apparently, extraordinary events are common occurrences to her.

?I?ve heard a lot about you from TV shows,? began Matet. ?I actually bought your book ?When the Impossible Happens: Confessions of a Reluctant Psychic.? I believe in elementals, the third dimension and anything supernatural. They always intrigue me.

?There are many unusual incidents in my house, which is 60 years old. Although no violent supernatural events have occurred, there were a number of strange things.

?My boyfriend had an active third eye, but his mother performed a ritual to close it. Still, his third eye is more than half open. It is only now that I learned from him that a kapre took a liking to me.

?My younger sister was choked on her bed by a kapre. My boyfriend told me the kapre was dismayed, because it thought my sister was me. You see, my sister and I look alike. After the kapre choked my sister, it lay down on my bed and stared at her with his big white eyes.

?A few days later, while lying on my bed at around 3 p.m., half asleep, I heard the door squeak and footsteps going to my left side. When it stopped, a very heavy, strange voice whispered something in my ear which I could not understand. My boyfriend told me it was the kapre. We have gotten so used to the presence of these elemental creatures around us, we simply ignore them. After all, no violent incident has yet taken place.

?My main concern now is my boyfriend?s ability to see the future in his dreams. Many of his dreams have come true, such as the flooding in Manila and Cagayan de Oro, going to Manila and Cebu, his loved ones leaving him, the burning of houses near his place, etc. He dreamt of my taking off my dogtag and leaving him. I did take off my dogtag, but I didn?t leave him. My question is: What can he do so his dreams will not become a reality? Should he divulge every dream he has before it happens?

?My boyfriend can also set an object on fire just by staring at it. When he was young, some neighbors sarcastically insulted him and his mom. He felt wrath against that person. One time, their paths crossed. My boyfriend and his mom were in a ?trisikad? and that guy who bullied him was trying to start his motorcycle. Angry, my boyfriend fiercely stared at the motorcycle and it ignited. What phenomenon is this?telekinesis? He also broke a glass, again when he was angry. But that was long ago, when his third eye was fully activated.

?One elemental that looks like his mom also follows him. But this elemental has a mole near her nose. He considers the elemental to be his guardian. He was once offered the gift of healing by a dwende, but he refused because he was afraid that if he accepted, he would not be successful in life.

?The supernatural always gets my attention. I want to learn from you some more.?

My comments:

1. It is usual for old houses to be inhabited by various types of spirits, but newly-built ones could be as well. You are lucky to just live along with these creatures who are doing you no harm.

2. The third eye, which means ?clairvoyance,? cannot be opened or closed like a door. It can only be managed or controlled. Everyone has a third eye to a lesser or greater degree.

3. Dreams that come true are called ?psychic? or ?precognitive? dreams. There?s nothing your boyfriend can do to stop this. These are from his subconscious mind. If it will help to warn others of his dreams, why not tell them?

4. The ability to set something on fire using one?s mind is called ?pyrokinesis.? There have been several cases of pyrokinesis recorded in the history of paranormal phenomena, but they are very rare. Recently, I heard of a three-year-old boy in Antique who can ignite things with his mind. But this case is most likely assisted by elementals of fire. The ability to break glasses, move objects, or bend spoon with one?s mind is called telekinesis.

I hope these explanations have helped clarify your many strange experiences.

Comment

• Tangna ako tuloy naa*** mag basa. Share pako. Eto 2nd to the last. Me pupuntahan pako maya maya hehehe.

INNER AWARENESS

Remembering Uri Geller’s amazing powers

By Jaime T. Licauco
            Philippine Daily InquirerDateFirst Posted 00:00:00 03/15/2011

ABOUT TWO years ago, I received this e-mail message from a certain Steve Knight requesting details of my experience with Uri Geller, wherein he duplicated a drawing I had done which he had not seen before.

?I run a website about Uri Geller,? said Steve, ?and one of the pages deals with Uri?s feat of duplicating people?s drawings. See www.zem.demon.co.uk/ugtd.htm.

?In your book ?More Encounters with the Unknown,? you described an occasion where Uri duplicated a drawing you did. I would like to put the details of this incident on my website, but unfortunately, I don?t have access to your book except via Google Books review. Could you please describe what happened, when and what it was that you drew and Uri reproduced??

Geller is the famous Israeli psychic who astounded the world in the early ?70s with his unusual ability to bend metal spoons, keys and rings without physical force, and by using only the power of his mind.

A former club entertainer and military paratrooper who saw action in the Gulf War, Uri Geller is also known to make broken watches and clocks run again through sheer will power.

Although Uri has demonstrated his telekinesis (mind over matter) powers in many parts of the world the past three decades, there are still people who think that what he was doing was mere trickery or sleight-of-hand.

Despite attempts by some skeptics, like the magician James Randi, to discredit him, Uri has never been conclusively proven to be faking his powers. Even the highly respected Stanford Research Institute (now called SRI International) in Menlo Park, California, which investigated his powers under strictly controlled scientific conditions, could not tell for certain if his metal-bending abilities were a hoax.

Tired of bending spoons

After doing his metal-bending demos for decades, Uri Geller had grown tired of it. In fact, during the international conference on alternative healing and paranormal phenomena held in Dusseldorf, Germany, in 1994, where I first met him , Uri Geller, who was one of several internationally known speakers, did not even demonstrate spoon-bending. Instead, he demonstrated an even more astounding and awesome psychic power by making a radish seed in his palm sprout in only one or two minutes. I witnessed this incredible phenomenon together with about 1,000 other people in the audience.

After Uri Geller?s talk, I had a chance to have a private interview with him in his hotel suite. The only other person present was his brother-in-law, who was his frequent companion.

When I entered his suite, Uri said, ?Jimmy, I don?t have a spoon to bend for you, but I will do something else. Give me two of your business cards.?

After handing him two of my cards, Uri said, ?Now, I will give you back one of your cards and I want you to draw anything at the back of that card. I will turn my back towards you so I won?t see what you are drawing. After you have finished, you should cover your drawing with your hand or turn the card over. I will then face you and ask you to transmit to me telepathically what you had drawn on your card. And I will draw on the other card what you had drawn. Are you ready??

I said, yes, but I was so excited and nervous to be facing such a world-famous psychic personality whom I had only read about in books, that I couldn?t think straight. I wanted to draw a simple flower with three petals. But what I drew instead looked more like a tree than a flower.

I then covered my drawing with my right hand. Then Uri faced me and said, ?Now transmit your drawing to me by thinking of it.?

After about 20 seconds, he said with his eyes closed, ?I am seeing something, I don?t know what it is, but it looks like this.? And then he quickly drew on the other card exactly the same image I had drawn, which was still covered by my hand.

I asked Uri, ?How do you do that?? He said when someone is transmitting a drawing to him, an image appears in his mind. If that image remains with him for about 20 seconds, he knows he got it correctly, and he simply draws on paper what he has seen mentally.

To me, what Uri Geller demonstrated during that conference in Dusseldorf, namely, his ability to make a radish seed grow in a couple of minutes and to duplicate within seconds what another person had drawn without seeing it, are more impressive than the spoon bending demos for which he became world famous.

Comment

• okay last at me gagawin pako.

INNER AWARENESS

The mystical origins of psychic surgery

By Jaime T. Licauco
              Philippine Daily InquirerDateFirst Posted 22:05:00 03/01/2011

A MOST frequently asked question is: ?Why are our faith healers and psychic surgeons concentrated in Pangasinan, the Ilocos region and Central Luzon??

Some people have advanced the theory that it is because Pangasinan and the Ilocos region were once centers of Lemurian civilization, referring to the ancient, lost, advanced civilization believed to have sunk in the Pacific Ocean 150,000 years ago.

According to the legend, Lemuria occupied almost half of the known world at that time, which included huge tracts of land surrounding the Pacific Ocean.

It supposedly encompassed the whole of Asia, the Far East, Australia, New Zealand, and neighboring islands. Lemurians were believed to have had very highly developed spirituality and telepathic powers. They were of brown skin, had wide foreheads, and flat noses. The whole Philippines is believed to be one of the centers of Lemurian civilization, and not just Baguio, Pangasinan and the Ilocos region. There were also centers of Lemurian civilization in other countries.

Unfortunately, there is absolutely no historical or physical evidence for the existence of such a lost civilization as Lemuria. It has remained merely a fascinating legend up to now, just like Atlantis, which was supposed to have sunk in the Atlantic Ocean 10,500 B.C. Some of the masters and prophets of Lemuria, according to stories, fled to Atlantis before the former sank in the Pacific Ocean. The Atlanteans were known for their highly developed ESP powers and technical skills. The first to write about the possible existence of Atlantis was the Greek philosopher Plato, who lived around 425 B.C., and was the teacher of Aristotle.

There is a belief that the Filipinos? high spirituality and strong telepathic powers are a remnant of our Lemurian ancestry. And such traits are what have given Filipinos the natural ability to develop a unique spiritual healing method known as bare-handed psychic surgery. The people who practice such indigenous method of healing are called ?faith healers,? which indicates its religious or spiritual origins.

One possible explanation why faith healers and psychic surgeons emerged in numerous numbers in the Ilocos, Pangasinan and Central Luzon areas including Manila, is because the spiritist movement started and thrived here and not in the Visayas and Mindanao regions. The reason why spiritism developed more fully in these areas is because the bible of spiritists worldwide, the two books of Allan Kardec (namely, the Book of Spirits and the Book of Mediums) had been translated into the Tagalog language, as well as into Pangasinense and Ilocano dialects.

In the mid ?70s, our paranormal research society listed at least 300 psychic surgeons practicing in these areas. I have no statistics to determine how many still practice this art of healing at present. What I know is that their number has greatly diminished because the older ones have died with no younger healers replacing them.

Among the well-known healers I met in the ?80s and ?90s who are no longer alive are Eleuterio Terte, Tony Agpaoa, Juan Blance, Rudy Jimenez, Josephine Sison, Rosita Agaid, Jose Mercado, Gary Magno, Benjie Balacano and Marcelino Asuigui. I am sure there are many others I have not heard of but who have since passed on also.

Bare-handed psychic surgery is unique to the Philippines and is part of our spiritual and mystical tradition. And therefore I do not see the practice dying completely for a long time to come despite the spread of western, scientific medical practice. For man?s spirit must be nurtured and taken care of, not only his body.

A distinction must be made between the terms ?faith healing? and ?psychic surgery.? Not all faith healers can perform psychic surgery. It is considered to be a gift of the Holy Spirit granted only to a chosen few, according to the belief of the Spiritist Church. There are thousands of faith healers all over the Philippines, but only a few are psychic surgeons.

Brazil also has psychic surgeons in the Christian Spiritist tradition, but their method calls for the use of instruments such as knives, scissors, and even a saw in opening up the body of patients. Our psychic surgeons use only their bare hands in doing so. And this is what baffles many western investigators and psychic researchers. The mystery behind this practice can never be understood unless we understand the ways of the spirits and the role they play in our daily lives. The native Filipinos have apparently discovered a way to tap such mysterious powers.

Comment

• MAya maya pa pala lakad ko. Hmmmm makapagahanap ng ng babaeng burles ehehehehe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                  yun nga. masdan mo ng maigi.
                  second floor to prof? may puno ba dun sa tabi nyo. parang may tao nga, naka white dun sa dulo sa left side. it gives me the creeps looking at this picture

Comment

• Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
                    misis ko yung taga batangas bro, ako sa manila lumaki....
                    marami ngang maligno sa batangas, joms. lam mo ba yung sa may mt makulot, grabe dun kame natulog na magbabarkada nung araw, langya umiiyak ako sa takot ha ha ha, eh ito naman kasing 2 barkada kong open ang third eye, sabihin ba namang lumalapit na sa may terrace yung maligno

tanong lang... na a attract ba talaga mga maligno or multo pag pinag uusapan sila?

Comment

wow duhat.. sa puno nyan madalas may maligno..
                      sa mangga usually or sa balete may maligno kasi lumalake sila ng ubod ng lake habang tumatanda. sa sampaloc pa maniniwala ako pero duhat di yata kasi maliit lang sila

Comment

Working...
                      X