• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Lakers blew it again, looks like it's be over in 5.

Comment

• CUELLO STOPS LOPEZ IN TWO: "THERE IS NO WAY OUT FOR IOKA!"

By Chito Yu Katangkatang
                      PhilBoxing.com
                      Sun, 20 May 2012

As promised, WBC Silver Strawweight Champion Denver Cuello-Singwangcha delivered the goods easily as he handily knocked out Ganigan Lopez in front of his countrymen. It only took Cuello two rounds to end the night and get the right to challenge WBC regular champion Kazuto Ioka of Japan.

Cuello was quick to attack as he immedately sent Lopez to the canvass seconds after the opening bell. The first round was a total domination by the Filipino slugger. Smelling blood, Cuello was determined not to waste time and finish the job early. At the opening bell of the second round, he immediately went to business and pummelled Lopez with relentless combinations to the head and body thus sending the helpless Mexican down for good and giving Cuello another knockout victory on enemy land.

According to Cuello's manager and promoter Aljoe Jaro, "There is no way out for Ioka. Either he stands up as a real champion and face Denver or cowardly duck Cuello by moving up in weight. Trash talks aside, Denver is unstoppable at 105 pounds. He wants the title belt and nobody is stopping him. The kid is hungry. He wants the WBC belt, try to unify titles in the division and move up and face the top guys at 108. Right now, we will enjoy the victory and talk about the Ioka fight next."

In a short phone message, Cuello thanked his fellow Filipinos for the prayers and support. "To my fans and countrymen, thank you for the prayers. I also thank God for this victory and for the chance to bring honor to our country. I am also dedicating this win to my manager Aljoe Jaro. This is my birthday gift to him. Happy Birthday Kuya Aljoe! To Kazuto Ioka, you can run but you can never hide. It was a difficult road for me to get the mandatory status. Let's make the fight happen even at your home backyard in Japan. I don't care where you want the fight to happen. I wan't to face you right away and get that belt."

Cuello and his manager Jaro will be back next week. Aljoe wants to put up a victory party by holding a small boxing event in Rizal which will feature his stable boxers.

Lastly, Happy Birthday to Aljoe Jaro from philboxing.com!

Comment

Working...
                      X