Clear All

• Originally posted by Chadmack View Post
    me tanong ako about car tires....

Kumho Ecsta ASX
    Kumho Ecsta SPT
    Michelin Pilot Sport 3
    Michelin MXV4
    Michelin MXM4

alin dyan ang ok? i need a great amount of grip for emergency and wet weather, at the same time, i need better ride comfort than my current Bridgestone ER370 185/55/R16. hanap ko yung 205/55/R16 nung mga nasa taas
    Wow, those are expensive tires you are talking about design for high performance.

If your priority is grip on wet road condition the Kumho ASX and AST models are the better choice. These models also have good grip in cornering.

The Michelin Pilot Sport 3 is designed to balance for tread life, fuel efficiency and road gripping performance in dry and wet conditions.

I haven't tried the MXV4 and MXM4 to give a credible opinion on their performance. I think they are all season tires.
    Last edited by serv; 07-27-2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

did i say maingay at matagtag lalo???
      ang isa sa tinitingnan ko na rin eh yung Continental ExtremeContact DW. maganda reviews! pero wala ako alam na mabibilhan nun dito! lolz. nagtatanong tanong din ako, kasi mas mura sya kesa Michelin

Comment

• Originally posted by serv View Post
        Wow, those are expensive tires you are talking about design for high performance.

If your priority is grip in wet road condition the Kumho ASX and AST models are the better choice. These models also have good grip in cornering.

The Michelin Pilot Sport 3 is designed to balance for tread life, fuel efficiency and road gripping performance in dry and wet conditions.

I haven't tried the MXV4 and MXM4 to give a credible opinion on its performance. I think they are all season tires.
        thanks for the input, serv! yeah, am well aware they are UHP tires the michelins they say give better ride and equip you with outstanding performance(at least the PS3 does).

what can you say bout the Conti ExtremeCOntact tires? they are much much cheaper than Michelins but have better reviews in tirerack. only problem is, i dont know any shops here in the Phils selling them...

Comment

oo pre, para sa jazz gamit ko ngayon sa harap yung dunlop fm901(195/50/r16), tapos stocks yung likod(185/55/r16). ang tagtag at maingay ampucha, pero ok sya sa dry, wet, and damped roads.

hehe siguro kasi first car lang namin yung jazz kaya hindi ko masyadong ramdam yung tagtag at ingay, pero sabi nga rin ng misis ko may tagtag at ingay nga rin sya...

maganda yang dunlop fm901? gano tumagal yung stock tires mo bro?

kasi kami kung walang mag aadvise same as stock tires kukunin din namin...

pero hindi pa nga pala ko ligtas sa amortization at temporary lang tung work ko, jsut keeping my fingers cross na sana umabot pa ko ng one year sa trabaho, siguro it will be enough as long as medyo mag budget si kumander ...

Comment

thanks for the input, serv! yeah, am well aware they are UHP tires the michelins they say give better ride and equip you with outstanding performance(at least the PS3 does).

what can you say bout the Conti ExtremeCOntact tires? they are much much cheaper than Michelins but have better reviews in tirerack. only problem is, i dont know any shops here in the Phils selling them...
            I am not so familiar with continental tires. Have you tried auto option dealer of american tires?

Comment

• Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
              hehe siguro kasi first car lang namin yung jazz kaya hindi ko masyadong ramdam yung tagtag at ingay, pero sabi nga rin ng misis ko may tagtag at ingay nga rin sya...

maganda yang dunlop fm901? gano tumagal yung stock tires mo bro?

kasi kami kung walang mag aadvise same as stock tires kukunin din namin...

pero hindi pa nga pala ko ligtas sa amortization at temporary lang tung work ko, jsut keeping my fingers cross na sana umabot pa ko ng one year sa trabaho, siguro it will be enough as long as medyo mag budget si kumander ...
              yung 2 sets pinalitan ko a couple of months back when i ran it flat sa SLEX sira kaya napilitan ako bumili bago. ang kaso, ang hirap humanap nung size natin kaya i ended up getting that dunlop. sports tyres yan, kaya makapit, at matagtag at maingay and siguro nde tatagal ng 50K kms yan. yung tires ko nasa 70K nung pinalitan ko yung dalawa. malapit na ko mag 80K kms at mag3yrs na oto sa katapusan ng sept

kaya yan pre, still saying a prayer for you and your family na malalampasan nyo at mapagtatagumpayan nyo to! balitaan kita kapag nakabili na ko, sigurado akong mas ok yung ride kesa sa ngayon nun hehehe

Comment

I am not so familiar with continental tires. Have you tried auto option dealer of american tires?
                i am asking around and will probably drive around banawe, ghills, alabang, hopefully ill find them and at a reasonable price.

Comment

i am asking around and will probably drive around banawe, ghills, alabang, hopefully ill find them and at a reasonable price.
                  I used to be a sucker for Mickey Thompson tires. They look sporty enough for my taste, but they have the habit of cracking up on the side walls after only 12 months on the road.

Kumho tires are now my fav, great for tropical condition.

Comment

yung 2 sets pinalitan ko a couple of months back when i ran it flat sa SLEX sira kaya napilitan ako bumili bago. ang kaso, ang hirap humanap nung size natin kaya i ended up getting that dunlop. sports tyres yan, kaya makapit, at matagtag at maingay and siguro nde tatagal ng 50K kms yan. yung tires ko nasa 70K nung pinalitan ko yung dalawa. malapit na ko mag 80K kms at mag3yrs na oto sa katapusan ng sept

kaya yan pre, still saying a prayer for you and your family na malalampasan nyo at mapagtatagumpayan nyo to! balitaan kita kapag nakabili na ko, sigurado akong mas ok yung ride kesa sa ngayon nun hehehe
                    thanks bro, so mga 3 years pa naman pala bago magpalit ng tires, matagal tagal pang gastusin hehe ...

pero pa tip pa rin bro pag sure kang mas okey na ride...

Comment

I used to be a sucker for Mickey Thompson tires. They look sporty enough for my taste, but they have the habit of cracking up on the side walls after only 12 months on the road.

Kumho tires are now my fav, great for tropical condition.
                      what kumho's do you use? some say the SPT are great but not as comfy as the mich and contis. they have excellent grips and have great treadwear. i was looking forward to the kumho's Ecsta 4x, but the shop in megamall havent even heard of it

Comment

Working...
                      X