Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

* Spoilers* MMA needs a more intelligent fan base.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• * Spoilers* MMA needs a more intelligent fan base.

Because most of the fans are stupid. I have been reading alot of threads today at Sherdog and a surpising amount of people think Tito vs Shammy was a work because it was too easy of a fight for Tito. These people are retarted, morons and just plain stupid. Work? Hahahahahaaha! Yeah ****ing right. The reason it was so easy for Tito is becasue he is a great fighter and that's what great fighters do. They make things look easy. Vanderlei Silva is a great fighter. If you knew nothing about MMA you would swear that Sak and Henderson were just a few more Tomato cans he fought. Belfort made Silva look like a bad fighter. Chuck made Babalu look like a bad fighter. Hughes made Carlos look like a bad fighter. And last night Tito made Ken look like a bad fighter.

Are Ken, Dan, Carlos, Silva, Babalu, Sak all bad fighters? **** no. These are some of the best fighters to ever step into a ring or cage. They just happened to get owned. It doesn't mean they suck. It doesn't mean the fight was a work. It means they got beat by a better fighter on a particular night. People are always too eager to defend their favorite fighters and don't think before they type. I am pretty much the biggest Belfort fan and I still admit he lost 4 times during his career even though his record only shows 3. I was cheering for Ken. I thought Ken had a real shot at winning. I thought he wanted it more. I was wrong. It doesn't mean the Ken was paid to take a dive. It means that Tito put together the kind of fight that it made Ken look like a bad fighter. I give all the props in the world to Tito and none to the dumbass fans who don't know ****.

Agreed, good post......

Comment

Very good post. 100% correct.

Comment

Spot on...but I think it is the nature of the game that it appeals to such a wide variety of people that the loudest will often be the dumbest...

What I hate is when people will be like "Soandso is a *****, see how he went down after one punch, blah blah blah...I would kick his ass!" Give me a ****en break fat ass. The last time you wlaked up a set of stairs you gassed, so don't fool yourself into thinking you could hang 3 seconds with any of the guys in MMA, even the lower level shows that only true fans would have heard of, those guys would eat your lunch inside a heart beat...

Sadly though, all sports have it. There is always fans that will dog players thinking they could do better "in thier prime"...

Comment

I hate that **** too, when I am watching MMA with some people who know nothing about it, sayin **** like "I could whip that guys ass." and so on, too many stupid people.....

Comment

[quote:b7c8c98699="kaps"]I hate that **** too, when I am watching MMA with some people who know nothing about it, sayin **** like "I could whip that guys ass." and so on, too many stupid people.....[/quote:b7c8c98699]

and not enough bullets!

One of my friends was like that watching some Pride DVDs with me one day...so I said "come on down and train with me and my friends at BJJ...you will probably whip us all, but we would lkek to try!" knowing he would get blasted by everyone..

He came along, rolled with everyone, got blasted by everyone, even in stand up...he know has a new found respect for MMA in general and is a pretty big fan.

If only we could arrange for every one of the moron fans to do that, the world would be a better place

Comment

Speak the truth brotha!

Comment

Working...
              X