Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jon Jones threatens to involve police after ex-coach Frank Lester unloads on Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Jones threatens to involve police after ex-coach Frank Lester unloads on Jones

Jon Jones isn’t taking any chances in his dealings with a former coach.

On Monday, Frank Lester, a pro fighter and longtime striking coach with the Jackson Wink team, released a fiery statement on Instagram in which he accused Jones of failing to pay him what he was owed for the UFC light heavyweight champion’s most recent title defense against Thiago Santos this past July.

Lester claims that Jones owes him over $13,000 and specifically names coach Mike Winkeljohn as having “just did me dirtier than I have ever even seen in this fight game.” He goes on to explain that he will be opening up his own gym soon before taking a few more shots at Jones and Winkeljohn and seemingly threatening to fight Jones the next time he sees him.

“Karma is real,” Lester wrote. “And Jon, it’s [on sight] with me and you, and you know that. You stole from my family. You got me fired from my job for no reason and for that I am grateful because I will never work for a crook like Mike ‘Winkelloser’ again. I’m ten times the coach you’ve ever been. You just bought out Greg (Jackson’s) name and unfortunately, Jackson’s was out in the control of a dirtbag. But ***** you all very much!

“The only thing that comes to [mind] when I hear your names are cowardice and deceit. It’s [on sight], JBJ. So keep that security close ***** boy, we both know you ain’t the real one. Real ones don’t steal from pregnant woman and their families.”

Jones issued a response on Lester’s Instagram post, not addressing all of Lester’s statements, but taking particular umbrage to Lester claiming that he was not properly compensated and also accusing Lester of being fired from Jackson Wink due to “drug issues.”

In response to Lester’s threats of potential physical violence, Jones wrote that he was not interested in fighting Lester or arguing further and that he would contact the Albuquerque Police Department on Tuesday to resolve the issue.
Working...
X