Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ufc 219 who is watching? (Spoilers inside)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
    Her performance against Shevchenko was even worse. At least with Cyborg she had some success grappling and initiating clinches and she landed some shots, plus Cyborg is bigger than her. Against Valentina Shevchenko though Holm was embarrassed by a much smaller girl who outclassed her on the feet and then took her down and ground and pounded her for some good measure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZI6BfOeQxA

In the first round she had some success but rounds 2-5 she was getting countered with Valentina's right hook all the time and made zero adjustments. She had no clue how to deal with another southpaw. Also look at the massive size difference, Valentina is a natural 125 pound girl who never cut weight at 135 and Holm had a massive height and reach advantage yet still couldn't dictate the range at no point in the fight.

I guess people forgot that performance or didn't watch it. It was at that fight that I noticed that Holm's boxing is vastly overrated.

Valetina is a decorated and experience striker of her own but a world champ boxer walking into the same punch all night without even trying to make an adjustment is just embarrassing.
    There's one key reason I still say Cyborg was worse: running. She did a LOT of running against Cyborg - I say 60% of the fight was literally running away.

Against Shevchenko it was like 20-30%.

Comment

Originally posted by RedZmaja View Post
      Her performance against Shevchenko was even worse. At least with Cyborg she had some success grappling and initiating clinches and she landed some shots, plus Cyborg is bigger than her. Against Valentina Shevchenko though Holm was embarrassed by a much smaller girl who outclassed her on the feet and then took her down and ground and pounded her for some good measure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZI6BfOeQxA

In the first round she had some success but rounds 2-5 she was getting countered with Valentina's right hook all the time and made zero adjustments. She had no clue how to deal with another southpaw. Also look at the massive size difference, Valentina is a natural 125 pound girl who never cut weight at 135 and Holm had a massive height and reach advantage yet still couldn't dictate the range at no point in the fight.

I guess people forgot that performance or didn't watch it. It was at that fight that I noticed that Holm's boxing is vastly overrated.

Valetina is a decorated and experience striker of her own but a world champ boxer walking into the same punch all night without even trying to make an adjustment is just embarrassing.
      One thing I will say, Holm is far better than Heather Hardy as an MMA fighter.

Comment

Working...
      X