Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garbrandt: T.J. Dillashaw ‘showed’ Team Alpha Male how to use PEDs!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbrandt: T.J. Dillashaw ‘showed’ Team Alpha Male how to use PEDs!

NEW YORK — Cody Garbrandt and T.J. Dillashaw had some heated exchanges — as expected — at the UFC 217 pre-fight press conference Thursday the Theater at Madison Square Garden. None more charged than when Garbrandt furthered accusations of performance-enhancing against Dillashaw.

“You showed everyone how to do it on Team Alpha Male,” Garbrandt told Dillashaw, his former teammate, on the dais.

On Monday’s episode of The MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani, Team Alpha Male fighter and coach Chris Holdsworth said Dillashaw was using “special supplements” while at the Sacramento gym, more than implying he was on some type of PEDs.

Dillashaw has never failed a USADA drug test and made note of that Thursday at the press conference. Garbrandt said he was “on everything.”

“Yeah, I’m on everything,” Dillashaw said sarcastically. “They test me every day, so I’m on everything.”

Holdsworth also reiterated what Garbrandt, the UFC bantamweight champion, has spoken about previously, an incident where Dillashaw landed a knee on him in practice while they were rolling. Dillashaw said there was “no truth” to that.

“It’s all happening at the perfect time, when it came out, the week of the fight,” Dillashaw said. “Like, c’mon man, this is all super predictable.”

Garbrandt shot back that Dillashaw was a “cheap-shotting bastard” and a “cheater.”

There was further back and forth between the two, who will fight in the co-main event of UFC 217 on Saturday night here at MSG. Dillashaw will be trying to win back the bantamweight title he lost in early 2016. He’ll also be trying to exorcise the demons from a bad breakup with Team Alpha Male.

“I don’t understand the animosity coming from him,” Dillashaw said. “It’s a little bit ridiculous. Do I need to hold his hand and tuck him in at night? … I’m not your daddy. [Team Alpha Male patriarch] Urijah [Faber] is your daddy. He’ll be there to hold your hand.”

Garbrandt, who won the title from Dominick Cruz at UFC 207 last December, said it’ll all be settled in the Octagon.

“You can do all the conditioning in the world with your new coach,” Garbrandt said. “You can’t condition that ****ing chin of yours.”
Working...
X