No announcement yet.

Conor McGregor makes statement about shıt Pay? Threatening UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor McGregor makes statement about shıt Pay? Threatening UFC

Read an article about it and also saw the post conference talk. If I'm not mistaken, isn't McGregor complaining about his pay with the UFC? How much does this kat take home vs the red tape from Dana White, the guy who's ego runs the UFC like 90's WWF...

If I'm not mistaken his insinuations sound like he's threatening to leave, saying he brings the revenue into the UFC... this was the ''big surprise'' he was going to unveil? Can this guy go to Bellator?

comic book structure vs Boxing!

I watched the post fight presser & he was talking about owning part of the f#cking company & **** like that.

He's been a pretty active cat, but sounded like cuz of his kid on the way early next year he's looking to take some time off. Seems like everyone in the UFC who gets too big starts wanting to take some extra time to themselves & enjoy themselves a lil bit more. I guess thats to be expected doe. Happens in boxing quite often too.

Getting into those 8 figure numbers in the getting hit in the head business leads to some f#ck this bs all time approach to getting hit in the head. And probably rightfully so. I mean when you got $407 in your bank account vs $10,000,000+ in your account going to the gym/training 3 times a day for hours at a time, eating right + putting your body at risk in the ring or cage would be more or less appealing I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      this was the ''big surprise'' he was going to unveil?
      Nope. He passed on announcing his surprise.

Can this guy go to Bellator?
      Unlikely anytime soon anyway...while he's this popular. First I'm assuming he still has fights on his contract, although I'm not sure how many & second the UFC has matching rights similar to how HBO works thus anything Bellator or anyone else could offer Conor they'd have the ability to meet that demand to keep him around. That said the leverage Conor holds at this point is more interesting then his contract situation & its possible he could parlay his appeal into some company ownership since the new owners did seem to bring on some "celebrity" owners recently.

Comment

to be fair, he very well versed in boxing and how much boxers get paid. He probably feeling like UFC>boxing and hes the hottest thing in boxing so how much regular boxers making million of dollars for regular fights when he selling out and on PPV and barely making 10 million or whatever it is they are paying. He looks at canelo getting a guarantee of like 25+ million a fight or whatever it is with hbo, ggg getting offered 10 million, ward kovalev expected to be making double digits, etc etc.

Comment

Why dont you guys take this **** to a MMA forum I'm here to talk about boxing.

Comment

This is non stop boxing.

Comment

Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                Read an article about it and also saw the post conference talk. If I'm not mistaken, isn't McGregor complaining about his pay with the UFC? How much does this kat take home vs the red tape from Dana White, the guy who's ego runs the UFC like 90's WWF...

If I'm not mistaken his insinuations sound like he's threatening to leave, saying he brings the revenue into the UFC... this was the ''big surprise'' he was going to unveil? Can this guy go to Bellator?

comic book structure vs Boxing!
                He got paid over $15m for his fight against Diaz after PPV and 205 broke the records so upwards of $20 million but all UFC fighters have relatively small guarantees. He wants shares in the UFC now or so he says.

He won't get paid as much as the top boxers because the UFC stacks their cards, which makes it better for the fans but worse for the fighters (not that $20million is a bad) which IMO is the way boxing should go, it's far better for the sport and one of the reasons boxing is shrinking.

Comment

Originally posted by !!WAR MIKEY!! View Post
                  to be fair, he very well versed in boxing and how much boxers get paid. He probably feeling like UFC>boxing and hes the hottest thing in boxing so how much regular boxers making million of dollars for regular fights when he selling out and on PPV and barely making 10 million or whatever it is they are paying. He looks at canelo getting a guarantee of like 25+ million a fight or whatever it is with hbo, ggg getting offered 10 million, ward kovalev expected to be making double digits, etc etc.
                  This all makes sense from a arguing point of view, but when you put some logical thought into it in boxing Floyd & Manny are more THE BRAND than HBO, Top Rank, Golden Boy or Al Haymon. In the UFC the UFC is THE BRAND not Conor.

And the UFC puts forth more production into their shows to define their brand & just their brand daily with all the side programming + YouTube + all the other media **** they do so the expense sheet looks a whole lot different. For sure a UFC show with Conor headlining is gonna do better numbers than a UFC show without him, but the UFC works more like the major sports leagues in America like the NFL, NBA & MLB with paying its athletes than the traveling circus dated way of how boxing works where any particular fight is its own lil money grab.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    This all makes sense from a arguing point of view, but when you put some logical thought into it in boxing Floyd & Manny are more THE BRAND than HBO, Top Rank, Golden Boy or Al Haymon. In the UFC the UFC is THE BRAND not Conor.

And the UFC puts forth more production into their shows to define their brand & just their brand daily with all the side programming + YouTube + all the other media **** they do so the expense sheet looks a whole lot different. For sure a UFC show with Conor headlining is gonna do better numbers than a UFC show without him, but the UFC works more like the major sports leagues in America like the NFL, NBA & MLB with paying its athletes than the traveling circus dated way of how boxing works where any particular fight is its own lil money grab.
                    you thinking about it from the whole picture, we just talking about how conor views it. (like we even know, we just assuming).

Comment

Working...
                    X