Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conor rocked Nate 2x Why is that ignored?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Antonio-;16820860[B
    ]He didn't ever get rocked. He was getting tagged and his face was a mess. He wasn't wobbly though.[/B] Connor just fought a bad gameplan. If he comes back and throws more kicks and moves more then he should be fine. He just has to have the gas to go 5 rounds. Not really in danger of Diaz BJJ unless they pull guard, and Connor is not gonna try and take him down again.
    This exactly. You never saw Nate rocked. Got caught repeatedly, sure but never the way Conor got caught with that blow that saw the tables turn. As soon as that punch landed I saw it in Conor's eyes he was in trouble.

Comment

nate took all those shots and ate them all w/out repercussion. conor hit that boy with EVERYTHING and OFTEN yet couldn't put him away. nate was never rocked, he was hit flush pretty often in that first round, though.

Comment

Because Conor McGregor is Conor McGregor, he got an immediate rematch like he wished, and has the chance to set things straight. He is clearly levels above Nate in striking, and overall standup.

Let's also not forget McGregor literally moved up 25 pounds.

Nate didn't have much preparation, but stays in shape year round anyway. Conor didn't have much preparation either for Nate.

I don't believe in "flukes," per se, but I do believe that you can have situations where one guy, the better fighter, will win 8/10 times, and I think Conor is that guy against Nate, and will beat him fairly easily in the rematch.

Comment

He still loss. Maynard rocked and beat the living hell out of Frankie Edgar in the 2nd & 3rd fights. It didn't stop Edgar from beating him. Diaz is just a horrible style match up for Connor. He's tough, durable, and doesn't get tired. Connor could catch him but it's more likely the same thing repeats itself. Connor might tag him up a bit but he'll tire when he realizes Nate isn't going nowhere. Punching power is good and all, but what does one do when you hit someone as hard as they can and they still keep coming? He doesn't have a plan B. He doesn't have the wrestling to lay and pray. He doesn't have the ground game to finish him. Striking is all he can do. And I don't think he's disciplined patient enough to cruise to a decision. That's more then likely his only way to win. Diaz has been stopped before but this is his fight to lose. Diaz has him in the palm of his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by -2 Scrappy- View Post
            He still loss. Maynard rocked and beat the living hell out of Frankie Edgar in the 2nd & 3rd fights. It didn't stop Edgar from beating him. Diaz is just a horrible style match up for Connor. He's tough, durable, and doesn't get tired. Connor could catch him but it's more likely the same thing repeats itself. Connor might tag him up a bit but he'll tire when he realizes Nate isn't going nowhere. Punching power is good and all, but what does one do when you hit someone as hard as they can and they still keep coming? He doesn't have a plan B. He doesn't have the wrestling to lay and pray. He doesn't have the ground game to finish him. Striking is all he can do. And I don't think he's disciplined patient enough to cruise to a decision. That's more then likely his only way to win. Diaz has been stopped before but this is his fight to lose. Diaz has him in the palm of his hands.
            I honestly think if Conor fights smart he can EASILY beat Nate in the rematch.

If he lets go of this idea of finishing Nate, and just keeps his hands up and fights energy smart, he can beat Nate 5 rounds to 0. But if he goes in their trying to throw bombs on every punch and walks forward with his chin up and hands down, then yes we will see a repeat of the first fight.

Comment

Who is the betting favorite for this?

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Who is the betting favorite for this?
                conor is.

put your money on nate if u can get a bookie.

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
                  conor is.

put your money on nate if u can get a bookie.
                  I think it will be like the first fight, Conor winning then getting choked out

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    I think it will be like the first fight, Conor winning then getting choked out
                    he got choked out because he gassed. Nate did his version of the rope-a-dope. But when Conor was fresh, he was schooling Nate on the feet and on the ground. Conor also chose to stand in front of Nate with his hands down. I think he is gonna change his gameplan and win an easy decision.

Comment

Conor McGregor says he'll be 'confident on the mat' against Nate Diaz at UFC 202!

Comment

Working...
                      X