No announcement yet.

Diaz vs McGregor UFC 202 Aug.20th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
    Guys don't ruin this **** by bring the lounge/nsb into here.

KD's in MMA do not equal KD'S in boxing, people need to realize this.

Conor landed the harder individual shots, and hurt Nate on one occasion (I don't think the second one was as bad, lil bit of the leg being tender)

Nate landed that TD in the last round, and landed more and was busier. Not a robbery, 3rd fight!

P.S.- Please keep that stupid NSB race **** off here.
    Heh - nothing serious mate! Just a little banter!

I know they don't, but MMA is still scored on a round by round basis just like boxing.

And there's simply no way Diaz won the 1,2, and 4th rounds. McGregor caught his second wind in the fourth, and was the one walking Diaz down, actually...

I can't wait for the trilogy either. I think Connor is obviously giving up way too much weight against Diaz, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
      This is exactly my view.

Conor was "surviving" round 4. Diaz was still the aggressor and Conor was TRUE running. In no way was it a carbon copy of round 1 - that had Conor so dominant I started to question why we were having the fight.
      he might have been running, but he was barely touched in round 4 whilst landing multiple devastating shots and leg kicks to Diaz.

There's absolutely no way Diaz won round 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
        Heh - nothing serious mate! Just a little banter!

I know they don't, but MMA is still scored on a round by round basis just like boxing.

And there's simply no way Diaz won the 1,2, and 4th rounds. McGregor caught his second wind in the fourth, and was the one walking Diaz down, actually...

I can't wait for the trilogy either. I think Connor is obviously giving up way too much weight against Diaz, though.
        4th I will have to rewatch, since so many people here are disagreeing with me. And no worries man, wasn't talking to you specifically, just don't want a whole race war evolving in here, after such a good fight.

1,2 were def Connor.
        3 def Diaz, and I think he edged the 5th with the takedown.

Not a robbery no matter what, glad Conor immedately set up the rematch too, fight will be huge and would never happen in boxing unless they were both SUPER elite and controversial fights, so props to them for doing it.

Dana's probably happy too, he can finally get the FW's moving now.

Comment

• Originally posted by HiLo Rudyo! View Post
          4th I will have to rewatch, since so many people here are disagreeing with me. And no worries man, wasn't talking to you specifically, just don't want a whole race war evolving in here, after such a good fight.

1,2 were def Connor.
          3 def Diaz, and I think he edged the 5th with the takedown.

Not a robbery no matter what, glad Conor immedately set up the rematch too, fight will be huge and would never happen in boxing unless they were both SUPER elite and controversial fights, so props to them for doing it.

Dana's probably happy too, he can finally get the FW's moving now.

Aye - I promise if u watch the fourth again, you will see Connor clearly won. He was moving forward for much of the round, and when he did back up, he didn't get touched hardly.

Yeah - Connor is done at 145. I'm sure he could still make it, but after seeing what it's like to be able to eat full meals during training camp, and not having to completely dry out 3 days before the weigh in, where you lose the remaining 10-13 pounds of water weight or so, he doesn't want to put his body through that.

But he obviously is too small for 170. Diaz clearly has a huge edge in size over him (again - didn't he miss weight? came in half pound over?)

If Connor was smart, he'd say the rubber match should be at 155, and 3 rounds. But he's way too ****y, and has too much self-belief to want to be seen as "demanding stipulations."

Connor definitely needs to settle in at 155 after the rubber match, regardless of the outcome. And Diaz remains at 170.

I bet Aldo is ITCHING for a rematch with Connor, even though he got humiliated... I wonder if Connor would offer him a rematch at 155, and if he'd accept? Would Dana like that, though? Since FW is finally back on track.

Or will Aldo just move on and continue to dominate the FW's again

Comment

• Meh, he barely won a decision, who cares. He still got choked the **** out by Diaz. To me this isn't even a victory. Like Diaz said, he needed to finish him.

Comment

• Conor GOAT.

Comment

• Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
                Aye - I promise if u watch the fourth again, you will see Connor clearly won. He was moving forward for much of the round, and when he did back up, he didn't get touched hardly.

Yeah - Connor is done at 145. I'm sure he could still make it, but after seeing what it's like to be able to eat full meals during training camp, and not having to completely dry out 3 days before the weigh in, where you lose the remaining 10-13 pounds of water weight or so, he doesn't want to put his body through that.

But he obviously is too small for 170. Diaz clearly has a huge edge in size over him (again - didn't he miss weight? came in half pound over?)

If Connor was smart, he'd say the rubber match should be at 155, and 3 rounds. But he's way too ****y, and has too much self-belief to want to be seen as "demanding stipulations."

Connor definitely needs to settle in at 155 after the rubber match, regardless of the outcome. And Diaz remains at 170.

I bet Aldo is ITCHING for a rematch with Connor, even though he got humiliated... I wonder if Connor would offer him a rematch at 155, and if he'd accept? Would Dana like that, though? Since FW is finally back on track.

Or will Aldo just move on and continue to dominate the FW's again
                Connor said the third fight would be at 155 in the post fight interview or he said he wanted it at 155 anyway. I do think Connor is too small to be fighting 170lbers myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  Meh, he barely won a decision, who cares. He still got choked the **** out by Diaz. To me this isn't even a victory. Like Diaz said, he needed to finish him.
                  Even RDA, Henderson & Rory McDonald couldn't finish him so by your logic, they weren't victories.

He got choked out because he underestimated Diaz's punch resistance, especially on 10 days notice. Swung for the fences the entire fight and gassed. That's the only reason Diaz won the first fight.

Comment

• I will watch the fight again when it pops up im buzzed and was caught up in the moment to accurately score it but in my views diaz won or a draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sun_Tzu View Post
                      Connor said the third fight would be at 155 in the post fight interview or he said he wanted it at 155 anyway. I do think Connor is too small to be fighting 170lbers myself.
                      I guess since he did win this fight, he can demand stipulations without looking a coward, because he is, after all, the cash cow.

Wouldn't be the same as him demanding 155 after losing the first fight. After he proved he can beat Diaz at 170, now he's going to do the smart thing, and fight at what is his best weight right now.

Give him mad props for going right back after him, and at 170 - giving up probably at least 10-13 pounds upon rehydration.

Was Diaz already fighting at 170 before the Connor fight? had he already moved up from 155 (that's the last weight I remember him fighting at).

Comment

Working...
                      X