No announcement yet.

Conor McGregor NEW Statement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    He's done a lot of favours for Dana, like doing The Ultimate Fighter when he didn't want to, and he has made the company an incredible amount of money. He asked for some flexibility from the UFC on the promotional stuff given everything that he has done. Dana refused and pulled him from the card.
    Now, I don't follow the UFC, but I have heard this:

- He was allowed to jump divisions and straight into a title fight against Dos Anjos (did I spell that right?)

- He was granted a rematch against Diaz instead of defending his belt at 145(?) which is ludicrous.

- Diaz wanted the fight at 155(?) but since Coner wanted it 170, Dana gave it to him.

Seems like there is an obvious Quid Pro Quo here.

Comment

I do sympathize with a lot of stuff Conor says, but I don't really buy some of it. Cocaine is a helluva drug, he's just having fun

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        I am just trying to do my job and fight here.
        I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote.
        I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting.
        There comes a time when you need to stop handing out flyers and get back to the damn shop.
        50 world tours, 200 press conferences, 1 million interviews, 2 million photo shoots, and at the end of it all I'm left looking down the barrel of a lens, staring defeat in the face, thinking of nothing but my incorrect fight preparation. And the many distractions that led to this.
        Nothing else was going through my mind.
        It is time to go back and live the life that got me this life.
        Sitting in a car on the way to some dump in Conneticut or somewhere, to speak to Tim and Suzie on the nobody gives a **** morning show did not get me this life.
        Talking to some lady that deep down doesn't give a **** about what I'm doing, but just wants some sound bites so she can maybe get her little tight ass a nice raise, and I'm cool with that too, I've been giving you all raises. But I need to focus on me now.
        I'm coming for my revenge here.
        I flew an entire team to Portugal and to Iceland to make my adjustments in preparation and fix my errors I made with the weight and the cardio prep.
        With the right adjustments and the right focus, I will finish what I started in that last fight.
        I will not do this if I am back on the road handing out flyers again.
        I will always play the game and play it better than anybody, but just for this one, where I am coming off a loss, I asked for some leeway where I can just train and focus. I did not shut down all media requests. I simply wanted a slight adjustment.
        But it was denied.
        There had been 10 million dollars allocated for the promotion of this event is what they told me.
        So as a gesture of good will, I went and not only saved that 10 million dollars in promotion money, I then went and tripled it for them.
        And all with one tweet.
        Keep that 10 mill to promote the other bums that need it. My shows are good.
        I must isolate myself now.
        I am facing a taller, longer and heavier man. I need to prepare correctly this time.
        I can not dance for you this time.
        It is time for the other monkeys to dance. I've danced us all the way here.
        Nate's little mush head looks good up on that stage these days. Stuff him in front of the camera for it.
        He came in with no **** to do that last one. I'd already done press conferences, interviews and shot the ads before RDA pulled out.
        Maybe I'll hit Cabo this time and skull some shots pre-fight with no obligation.
        I'm doing what I need for me now.
        It is time to be selfish with my training again. It is the only way.
        I feel the $400million I have generated for the company in my last three events, all inside 8 months, is enough to get me this slight leeway.
        I am still ready to go for UFC 200.
        I will offer, like I already did, to fly to New York for the big press conference that was scheduled, and then I will go back into training. With no distractions.
        If this is not enough or they feel I have not deserved to sit this promotion run out this one time, well then I don't know what to say.
        For the record also -
        For USADA and for the UFC and my contract stipulations -
        I AM NOT RETIRED.
        Sounds fair to me

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          Than train in the USA unless he has something to hide, steroids maybe??
          With the UFC's PED testing protocol the testers have to know where fighters are at at all times. They have the ability to test you all over the globe 24/7/365. Its the best testing protocol in all combat sports. If you hide from a test or don't tell them where you are you can get in trouble for that.

So it does Conor no good to attempt this strategy if he did use some sort of PED unless he legit retired as the USADA won't test you at that point. But he didn't so he can still be tested still.

Comment

Comment

Personally think it's a poor excuse tbh every single athlete has to do promotional work for their sport. I don't see Messi complaining about the current losing slump despite having to go play and do work in South America before being shunted into training jet lagged. I never saw Mayweather complain about the numerous travel times. I don't see Jon Jones complaining. I don't see WWE wrestlers complaining whose travel is way more brutal than what Mcgregor is talking about. The promotional work is part of the game. If he can't do it then he'll be breach of contract and risking himself into further trouble

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
                Who gives a fcuk what that ginger potato picking ugly **** thinks.

Go and make me a bag of crisps from scratch you 'to be sure, to be sure' ****.
                You jealous or something? Too much pent up hatred for you not to be.

Comment

Originally posted by El Pistolero View Post
                  Personally think it's a poor excuse tbh every single athlete has to do promotional work for their sport. I don't see Messi complaining about the current losing slump despite having to go play and do work in South America before being shunted into training jet lagged. I never saw Mayweather complain about the numerous travel times. I don't see Jon Jones complaining. I don't see WWE wrestlers complaining whose travel is way more brutal than what Mcgregor is talking about. The promotional work is part of the game. If he can't do it then he'll be breach of contract and risking himself into further trouble
                  I think both sides got solid points. Thing is I don't think the punishment for missing a presser should be the fight is off. Thats f#cking overkill & counterproductive to all parties at the end of the day.

I mean this happens all the time in other sports. You break a rule you might think is dumb & you get a fine. Thats how **** tends to work. If you do something malicious, use PEDs or do something more serious then you start getting into a situation where you get suspended or can't play. I don't see missing a presser as a very malicious activity. In fact I'd say the more malicious activity is calling off the fight over a missed presser. They shoulda allowed Conor do the presser via our great technology of this era (skype or closed circuit TV or whatever) & fined his ass & fight is still booked. The UFC gets silly about this sorta **** when it doesn't have to.

Comment

other fighters have to do the same duties, i dont buy into this bs and i like mcgregor,
                    he lost fair and square to a guy who didnt even have a training camp,
                    he just doesnt want to take part in the build up because diaz would absolutely rinse him,
                    what can he say back to diaz? he has nothing to say...

thats just like khan saying ohh i cant do the face off and all the media duties with canelo because i need the extra time for training because im fighting a bigger guy

dont forget mcgregor was the one giving the big one before the first fight saying size and weight wont be an issue...

Comment

CONOR MCGREGOR TAKES $10 MIL HIT UFC Officially Calls Off Fight

Wow, UFC not budging and looking to slam him as well. I fear this will soon be unrecoverable.

Conor McGregor's Facebook statement wasn't enough to move the UFC -- the organization is officially calling off his fight with Nate Diaz ... a fight that came with a $10 MILLION paycheck, TMZ Sports has learned.
                      Our sources tell us ... besides the massive payday, the UFC told Conor it was willing to move mountains to accommodate the fighter during the UFC 200 media tour.
                      Not only did UFC offer to fly Conor to every destination on a top-of-the-line private jet ... but also offered to ship out every single piece of his gym equipment from Iceland to Vegas for this weekend's media event so there wouldn't be a kink in Conor's training.
                      We're told McGregor was told his gym would be set up identically to his Iceland training center and it would all be ready to go the second he stepped off the plane.
                      Still, McGregor refused to budge -- and our sources tell us Conor was "shocked" when he was told the media obligations in Vegas were mandatory.
                      As for Conor's future ... we're told he blinked on retirement partially because of anti-doping rules that require fighters to wait 4 months after they un-retire before they can fight again -- and Conor doesn't want to wait that long.
                      Dana White told Colin Cowherd he believes McGregor will fight for the UFC in the next year -- but our sources tell us it will NOT be against Nate Diaz. Instead, he'll have to fight Frankie Edgar or Jose Aldo.
                      And when he does return ... he's expected to do a FULL run of promotions for that fight too.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/21/conor-...#ixzz46U3CHPfO

Comment

Working...
                      X