dos Anjos breaks foot, out of UFC 196

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dos Anjos breaks foot, out of UFC 196

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/23...-fight-against

Evidently he was riding in the car with Keith Thurman (j/k).

Frankie Edgar is also unavailable due to injury. Hearing Cerrone might step in. If that happens, it's the Mendes/Aldo scenario all over again, except Cerrone is coming off a quick fight last week and won't have any stamina excuses.

That sucks as usual. We might as well get used to the Conor way, it's a year+ before every big fight happens.

Comment

mcgregor has to be so blown right now.

Comment

Damn injuries. We need legal HGH (although I don't think that helps with broken foot problems) for athletes.

I don't hate McGregor vs Cerrone. And I feel like Cerrone can make it interesting or even win if he's smart. Cerrone, as he showed Sunday, gots a nice arsenal of submissions & I think McGregor's ground game is where he'll get beat. Problem is I thought Cowboy got a little stunned Sunday right before he took the other Cowboy down & submitted him & if other Cowboy is stunning him, than the Irish Prince has an excellent shot to lights out him.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Damn injuries. We need legal HGH (although I don't think that helps with broken foot problems) for athletes.

I don't hate McGregor vs Cerrone. And I feel like Cerrone can make it interesting or even win if he's smart. Cerrone, as he showed Sunday, gots a nice arsenal of submissions & I think McGregor's ground game is where he'll get beat. Problem is I thought Cowboy got a little stunned Sunday right before he took the other Cowboy down & submitted him & if other Cowboy is stunning him, than the Irish Prince has an excellent shot to lights out him.
          cerrone would be dead coming in at 155 after fighting at 170 saturday night i feel. too much of a cut to also pin together a plan to defeat conor.

get pettis in there.

Comment

Wow that sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Freak accident, RDA was doing a front kick and hit his training partner's knee.

But yeah, I think Cerrone is fighting too often and starting accumulate brain damage.

Originally posted by baya View Post
              cerrone would be dead coming in at 155 after fighting at 170 saturday night i feel. too much of a cut to also pin together a plan to defeat conor.

get pettis in there.
              Pettis wants it, but he was just beaten up by Eddie Alvarez. Cerrone would sell big, and he just moved up to 170 so it's not like he's settled his body at the weight. He just fought RDA at 155 two months ago!

Cerrone was in an ATV accident years ago and had intestinal tract removed. As a result he's allowed to use IV-rehydration. Making 155 won't be too hard on him.

Comment

I rarely each ufc but even I was looking forward to this. Sucks.

Comment

so 2 great combat sports back to back get fuked

Comment

I was going to order this. Still might for Holm Tate.

Comment

Working...
                    X