No announcement yet.

Rouseys defeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rouseys defeat

That type of defeat does something to a person. To good athletes, it steels their resolve. To the greatest athletes, it propels them to unseen heights. Losing is where the greatest separate themselves from the pretty good. But Rousey had never lost. She’d never felt failure, never even came close really. What was there to push her towards greater success? Nothing the UFC offered, surely. That’s why we saw her gradually shift towards other ventures and other challenges. Great athletes will seek great challenge elsewhere if they can’t find it where they are.

So who is Ronda Rousey? Is she the most dominant UFC fighter the world has ever seen? Is she good athlete turned celebrity? Is she pompous, arrogant, and overblown? We get to see who she truly is now, and more importantly, who she wants to be. If she is the greatest athlete in her sport, this moment will be a catalyst in her career. If it isn’t, I’m sure the new Road House is going to be just fine.

I have to agree with this....the best fighters almost always get better,based on one loss its pure ignorance to assume otherwise.

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    That type of defeat does something to a person. To good athletes, it steels their resolve. To the greatest athletes, it propels them to unseen heights. Losing is where the greatest separate themselves from the pretty good. But Rousey had never lost. She’d never felt failure, never even came close really. What was there to push her towards greater success? Nothing the UFC offered, surely. That’s why we saw her gradually shift towards other ventures and other challenges. Great athletes will seek great challenge elsewhere if they can’t find it where they are.

So who is Ronda Rousey? Is she the most dominant UFC fighter the world has ever seen? Is she good athlete turned celebrity? Is she pompous, arrogant, and overblown? We get to see who she truly is now, and more importantly, who she wants to be. If she is the greatest athlete in her sport, this moment will be a catalyst in her career. If it isn’t, I’m sure the new Road House is going to be just fine.

I have to agree with this....the best fighters almost always get better,based on one loss its pure ignorance to assume otherwise.

I think you seen her resolve after the fight, she went to the hospital for one reason and that was to hide from the hard questions every other fighter has to answer after a loss. She had a bloody lip and no courage to face the media and the people she disparaged over and over again.

You still haven't seen an interview have you, how many champs and former champs have seen in post fight interviews all beat up taking questions on the fight. You see she has no courage to face the music, that should give some indication of where her resolve is.

You seen nothing in regards to mixed martial arts with her, what you seen was her judo and some brawling punches and overpowering mostly weaker girls, you see her commercials, she's everywhere, except at the post fight press conference where she should have been.

Comment

Originally posted by Stebs View Post
      I think you seen her resolve after the fight, she went to the hospital for one reason and that was to hide from the hard questions every other fighter has to answer after a loss. She had a bloody lip and no courage to face the media and the people she disparaged over and over again.

You still haven't seen an interview have you, how many champs and former champs have seen in post fight interviews all beat up taking questions on the fight. You see she has no courage to face the music, that should give some indication of where her resolve is.

You seen nothing in regards to mixed martial arts with her, what you seen was her judo and some brawling punches and overpowering mostly weaker girls, you see her commercials, she's everywhere, except at the post fight press conference where she should have been.
      the hospital for one reason and that was to hide from the hard questions every other fighter has to answer after a loss. She had a bloody lip and no courage to face the media and the people she disparaged over and over again.

False it is UFC policy to be taken in an ambulance if a k.o happens. Courage is of opinion,belittling fighters isn't one of them. Easy to spot the real fighters or those who have trained and the newbs on here, for sure,thats also of fact not opinion.
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-17-2015, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Incorrect. But tbh I thought similar to you myself on fight night. The reality is her lip was F#CKED. They had to have a plastic surgeon sew up to keep her **** looking normal. And as mentioned when you get your lights turned off like Ronda did you are gonna get sent to the hospital. This is one of the perks of the UFC vs the clusterf#ck of dealing with situations in boxing. If Magomed had been a UFC guy he might not be nearly as f#cked up as he is today.

Comment

it wasnt even a close fight where she got caught with a lucky shot.

she got completely dominated

Comment

the hospital for one reason and that was to hide from the hard questions every other fighter has to answer after a loss. She had a bloody lip and no courage to face the media and the people she disparaged over and over again.

False it is UFC policy to be taken in an ambulance if a k.o happens. Courage is of opinion,belittling fighters isn't one of them. Easy to spot the real fighters or those who have trained and the newbs on here, for sure,thats also of fact not opinion.
            I agree 100% that's how I know you're a Walter Mitty

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Incorrect. But tbh I thought similar to you myself on fight night. The reality is her lip was F#CKED. They had to have a plastic surgeon sew up to keep her **** looking normal. And as mentioned when you get your lights turned off like Ronda did you are gonna get sent to the hospital. This is one of the perks of the UFC vs the clusterf#ck of dealing with situations in boxing. If Magomed had been a UFC guy he might not be nearly as f#cked up as he is today.

I stand corrected, I didn't know the ufc had any policy, seen so many sit up at the podium and discuss the fight win or lose, remember gsp after Hendricks, Gsp after Condit and many many others who take their lumps. She has said nothing and is in hiding, that's a fact.

Lawler had a f8cked up lip, look at Rousey after the fight in the ring and tell me it's as bad as you say, your listening to Dana protecting her from us vultures who can't stand loud mouth's who talk **** about others.

I think you mentioned Ali up there, I rooted against him in every fight he had also, because he was a loud mouth who talked **** about others. I won .50 cents on the first Frazier fight in the third grade.

Newbie because I didn't know the ufc had a policy in place. Juggernaut666, please tell us about all your training and your ring experience if you ever had any, don't throw in any false facts.
              Last edited by Stebs; 11-17-2015, 07:26 PM.

Comment

I stand corrected, I didn't know the ufc had any policy, seen so many sit up at the podium and discuss the fight win or lose, remember gsp after Hendricks, Gsp after Condit and many many others who take their lumps. She has said nothing and is in hiding, that's a fact.
                I'm sure the policy has evolved over time, but GSP didn't get KTFO either in those fights. I'm sure there has been people at the presser at some point in the past who'd been KTFO lights out style, but I can't think of anyone who's been up there lately. In fact usually one of the first things they mention when coming to the podium is the gate & who's at or in route to the hospital.

And she made a post on instagram the day after the fight. Its not that serious. I'd be surprised if she doesn't talk to someone in the next week or two. The reality right now is Holly Holm is gonna be a guest host on The View probably so no one gives a **** about Ronda all that much anyway outside of seeing how she discusses the L.

Lawler had a f8cked up lip, look at Rousey after the fight in the ring and tell me it's as bad as you say, your listening to Dana protecting her from us vultures who can't stand loud mouth's who talk **** about others.
                Well no **** Lawler had a f#cked up lip. If you wanna dick measure every lip injury vs his idk who's even competing with that one. But seemed obvious to me Ronda had a f#cked up lip/mouth during the fight & she clearly had her lights turned off. Thats hospital **** whatever you think about Daddy Dana & his illegitimate daughter.

Comment

A good athlete needs a little bit of arrogance though I think lately her ****iness has become too much, what would be inspiring is what she could learn from this, rise up again and be better.

Comment

I'm not certain it's this epic in Rousey's case, I mean anything is theoretically possible, right? But I get a sense these questions can't be answered by Rousey alone by facing Holm again, somehow I think she would need Dana White sitting by her side as well. Because I'm not so sure now she has the raw materials to be epic without advertising, gimmicks and trashing talking men?

She took a real pummeling.....

Comment

Working...
                    X