No announcement yet.

Rouseys defeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    That type of defeat does something to a person. To good athletes, it steels their resolve. To the greatest athletes, it propels them to unseen heights. .

[B]So who is Ronda Rousey? Is she the most dominant UFC fighter the world has ever seen? Is she good athlete turned celebrity? Is she pompous, arrogant, and overblown? We get to see who she truly is now, and more importantly, who she wants to be. If she is the greatest athlete in her sport, this moment will be a catalyst in her career. If it isn’t, I’m sure the new Road House is going to be just fine.

Have you seen enough of her greatness yet, oh yes that's right, you haven't seen or heard a peep out the most over inflated ego in the business nearly two weeks after the fight.

Have you Rousey fans learned anything yet.

Comment

What a gay thread

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
        I'm not certain it's this epic in Rousey's case, I mean anything is theoretically possible, right? But I get a sense these questions can't be answered by Rousey alone by facing Holm again, somehow I think she would need Dana White sitting by her side as well. Because I'm not so sure now she has the raw materials to be epic without advertising, gimmicks and trashing talking men?

She took a real pummeling.....
        I think the pummeling is over hyped ,someone who lands just as many power shots, buckles her opponent and lands a take down along with being the aggressor isnt getting pummeled in round one...... Rousey was in a fight for the first time which made it look one sided to most ,the fact Holm won was more shock factor .......... People are using the word exposed and overratted which is a joke ,one does not dominate so long in MMA and get labled those things on one fight ,these are usually the casuals like some who post in the MMA section as you can see..

Holm adjusted for the second round found her timing and range more and the tired Rousey was ripe for the picking

I don't come on here in the MMa forums,those posts that I think are worth while answering I do,,the others? Not so much a waste of time really..there are those who can hold a convo and then you have the newbs who don't really know anything beyond boxing talking b.s.

If we took the idioso logic we would then have been labeling Cain a overrated bum like many idiots did when JDS knocked him out quickly in round one !
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-27-2015, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by assertivereply View Post
          A good athlete needs a little bit of arrogance though I think lately her ****iness has become too much, what would be inspiring is what she could learn from this, rise up again and be better.

Many distractions will often do that to a fighter, make them unfocused or overconfident...in this one I think it was a bit of both...as a positive fighters usually do get better with losses not wins and Ronda held her own at Holm's strengths,all she would need really is mixing the grappling up with the striking better,not just striking,i don't buy into she couldn't take Holm down ,she did but she just didn't go all in all the time like she could have....we will see...I would not bet against her in a rematch personally,a tleast not until I see the Holm vs Tate outcome if they fight.

Comment

That type of defeat does something to a person. To good athletes, it steels their resolve. To the greatest athletes, it propels them to unseen heights. Losing is where the greatest separate themselves from the pretty good. But Rousey had never lost. She’d never felt failure, never even came close really. What was there to push her towards greater success? Nothing the UFC offered, surely. That’s why we saw her gradually shift towards other ventures and other challenges. Great athletes will seek great challenge elsewhere if they can’t find it where they are.

So who is Ronda Rousey? Is she the most dominant UFC fighter the world has ever seen? Is she good athlete turned celebrity? Is she pompous, arrogant, and overblown? We get to see who she truly is now, and more importantly, who she wants to be. If she is the greatest athlete in her sport, this moment will be a catalyst in her career. If it isn’t, I’m sure the new Road House is going to be just fine.

I have to agree with this....the best fighters almost always get better,based on one loss its pure ignorance to assume otherwise.
            I'm equally a MMA and boxing enthusiast and I can tell you that Rouseys defeat comes in the hands/feet of Holly Holm and hers alone. While Rousey might be a great Judo practitioner she wasnt a good wrestler or striker. I studied Holm's fights a couple of days before their fight and I felt that if Rousey cant outmuscle Holm and take her down she's going to be in it for a long fight. I knew Holm was the veteran, the more experienced fighter not Rousey. It's not Rouseys fault shes being made bigger than she is. Shes got the right attitude, the look and the correct opps to make her look great. And the casual fans bought into it, made her bigger than what she is.

I can guarantee you that while it was a domination on Holm's part it wasnt just a one time thing. Rousey will not and cannot beat Holm. She didnt lost her focus, she didnt stray she just ran into a brick wall and her deficiencies showed. She will get hurt if they ever fight again!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
              I'm equally a MMA and boxing enthusiast and I can tell you that Rouseys defeat comes in the hands/feet of Holly Holm and hers alone. While Rousey might be a great Judo practitioner she wasnt a good wrestler or striker. I studied Holm's fights a couple of days before their fight and I felt that if Rousey cant outmuscle Holm and take her down she's going to be in it for a long fight. I knew Holm was the veteran, the more experienced fighter not Rousey. It's not Rouseys fault shes being made bigger than she is. Shes got the right attitude, the look and the correct opps to make her look great. And the casual fans bought into it, made her bigger than what she is.

I can guarantee you that while it was a domination on Holm's part it wasnt just a one time thing. Rousey will not and cannot beat Holm. She didnt lost her focus, she didnt stray she just ran into a brick wall and her deficiencies showed. She will get hurt if they ever fight again!

I guarantee you will probably not come back on this thread if they do....and if you do will have to eat those words.

It also wouldnt surprise me if Rousey was favored in the rematch.This will shatter that casual fan theory of yours Everything I said was true its on video!
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 11-27-2015, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I think the pummeling is over hyped ,someone who lands just as many power shots, buckles her opponent and lands a take down along with being the aggressor isnt getting pummeled in round one...... Rousey was in a fight for the first time which made it look one sided to most ,the fact Holm won was more shock factor .......... People are using the word exposed and overratted which is a joke ,one does not dominate so long in MMA and get labled those things on one fight ,these are usually the casuals like some who post in the MMA section as you can see..

Holm adjusted for the second round found her timing and range more and the tired Rousey was ripe for the picking

I don't come on here in the MMa forums,those posts that I think are worth while answering I do,,the others? Not so much a waste of time really..there are those who can hold a convo and then you have the newbs who don't really know anything beyond boxing talking b.s.

If we took the idioso logic we would then have been labeling Cain a overrated bum like many idiots did when JDS knocked him out quickly in round one !
                Interesting, but I think Rousey gets it worse the second time around and White loses his shirt....

Comment

I guarantee you will probably not come back on this thread if they do....and if you do will have to eat those words.

It also wouldnt surprise me if Rousey was favored in the rematch.This will shatter that casual fan theory of yours Everything I said was true its on video!
                  And what made u think I won't b back to admit my wrongdoing? I recently picked cotto to win against canelo n had come out to admit my defeat. How is it any different than if rousey were to defeat holm. But would u come bak here n do such thing if holm were to make a fool out of rousey again?

Comment

ronda is nothing but a blow job, nothing more lol.

Comment

I wonder what Rousey is up to since her demolition? Is White returning her phone calls, how long will filming be delayed on the Roadhouse remake? Just how do you build a franchise around someone that's supposed to be invincible but sort of never was?

You can't put a bubble back together again once it bursts....

Comment

Working...
                      X