Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holly holm gonna ko RHONDA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holly fought to her strengths and handled the pressure like a champ.

Rousey fought a HORRIBLE fight with what looked like no game plan other than to rush in with chin exposed in a straight line. What amazed me was RR's corner after the first round what they said to her. I expected them to give her hell for being too aggressive and careless. Thought they would tell her to calm down and stop chasing - RR needed make the fight slower to catch her breath and make Holly come forward and then look for clinches and takedowns. But no. The corner praised Rhonda and asked for more. In all my years of watching combat sports it's the single worst corner advice I've ever heard. Obviously looks like round one was actually their game plan. They wanted RR to rush in toward a world champion counter striker boxer. Incredible.

I take nothing away from Holly - she fought an amazing fight and it's good for MMA. But RR fought like a complete amateur while forgetting her strengths and the scary part is that it appears that was the gameplan. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      Sounds like you're an even bigger piece of **** for saying such words.

I don't know anything about the man but your comment says more about you than him.
      Maybe you need a pack to.

Comment

Holly Holm showed good sportsmanship last night, she was really concerned about Rousy's health after the fight.

I don't think Rousey would've showed the same sportsmanship if the roles were reversed.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
          Holly Holm showed good sportsmanship last night, she was really concerned about Rousy's health after the fight.

I don't think Rousey would've showed the same sportsmanship if the roles were reversed.
          Not to this degree, no.

But this:

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
          Rousey's eyes are those of someone who is restraining themselves from lashing out.

And someone needs to do a "KISS!!!!" bubble above Dana White. Creepy MF

Comment

Feels like a victory for boxing, IŽll celebrate sharing my desktop. George Bellows A Stag at Sharkey’s (1917) Lithograph

Comment

Good prediction.

Comment

Seems to me like Ronda abonded her usual gameplan, (takedown), and fought Holly's fight. Kudo's to Holly. I would LOVE to see a rematch! I bet if Ronda stuck to her strenghts, fought her own fight, she would have stood a much better chance. But i gotta give Holly credit. She had a great game plan, and stuck to it. Glad i didn't bet on this fight, I usually do.

Comment

Working...
                X