No announcement yet.

UFC problem with creating mega fights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC problem with creating mega fights

Why are they having such a problem creating mega fights? I mean fights that really draw in the casual fans. I dont follow it much but the fighters I only really know are Jones and Rousey.

What are some fights that can do big numbers?

If a casual fan tunes in they usually get turned off once fighters get tired and start clinching.

Sure there those that enjoy the clinching and the wrestling part of MMA, but it really doesn't help the casuals at all that only see wrestling as crazy WWE ****.

Casuals want knockouts and with grappling you're guaranteed not to get a knockout.

Comment

The weight classes are WAAAAY more spread out then boxing. The lower weights only by 10 pounds but once you hit lightweight that's it. Then it's 15 pounds to Welterweight which is boxings light heavyweight weight pretty much, then 15 pounds to middleweight, then 20 pounds to light heavyweight!

That's why there aren't that many super fights. That and Ronda is scared homey.

Comment

Ronda ain't scared homie. If Cyborg wants it, she should sign with the UFC.

Cause only one of the two ain't in the UFC and we know who that is.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

Cyborg is not a bantamweight. She would be seriously weight drained if she tried.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post

Is that why she didn't even mention Cyborg after the fight? It's the only fight the fans want to see her in and she ignores it. Dana even said "She won't say it in public but she will only fight Cyborg at 135." Yet she would go to 140-145 for Gina in a heartbeat!

The only way the fight happens is if Ronda wants it which she doesnt. The risk outweighs the reward. If Ronda wins it would be huge for her as the undisputed #1 female in MMA, but if she loses, the UFC doesn't have a 145 division for Cyborg and it just stains Ronsas marketability.

Comment

Cyborg needs to sign with the UFC first.

Then we can say whether or not Ronda is scared or whatever adjective y'all wanna use.

Until then, Cyborg the one not trying to make it happen yo. Cause we already know, UFC fighters are locked air tight to UFC fights.

Comment

They make all the big fights in each division for the most part..

Hard to make superfights between 2 different divisions since there is a huge difference in weight.. The smaller guy is most likely gonna be outweighed by 15-20 pounds, plus the opponent is gonna be a killer since its a superfight... It would be like floyd or manny fighting Golovkin ..

You will see guys jump divisions for fights but hardly ever vs a killer top dog

Comment

Cyborg Rousey, or TJ MM are the only realistic super-fights I can see happening anytime soon.

Comment

they're coming. Both Weidman and Jones have expressed interest in super fights and even Hendricks(if he can regain the WW title). Plus Mcgregor is set to be the biggest draw in the UFC and Lesnar is most likely gonna resign with the UFC within a months time.

It's setting up to be a great next 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X